Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2012, 02:21 PM

Help & advice please

Just brought Monty home from a walk as when he was having a poo, it just would not come out. Was straining for about 15 mins & it was just hanging there. When I tried to gently give him a helping hand, was not happy at all.
Brought him home, got a bowl of warm water, poured it over him bum, but still nothing, tried again with some gloves but he was really starting to get distressed so have left him for now. Most of it has come off / out but still has some stuck on.
Currently he is out in the garden & hopefully nature will take it's course, but wondered if there is anything else I can try.

Thanks (& sorry if you've just eaten !)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Personally I would let nature take its course. If he doesn`t sort it out himself in a few hours, call the vet for advice.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2012, 03:30 PM
I am really not clear what the issue is.

Do you mean he has some stools which have not been completely eliminated and are just hanging?

If so you should be able to pull those out with no problems, UNLESS he is raw fed and a bone is stuck?

If he cannot eliminate at all without difficulty, it could be his prostrate gland so a vet might need to have an exam
nadine201
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your replies.
Looks OK now - stool has come off / out.
He is licking at the base of his tail so maybe it is his glands, see how he gets on, otherwise a trip to the Vets.