View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Surely the maid will bring you a hot cuppa,warm you up LG Its really stormy here,very high winds
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2015, 05:51 PM
No Eileen, I am having to fend for myself as all domestic staff have got the day off. There's no one here but the Mem and myself. It's not Downton here, you know, with flunkies at your beck and call 24 hrs a day. My lot want time off and holidays with pay and all that sort of thing. Quite depressing really - makes one long for the Good Old Days, when the lower orders were only to happy just to have a job. But there it is - like it or lump it - you have to move with the times. However, if any of them ever mention joining a union, there'll be a shooting accident. With those few kind words I'll leave you to your Duvet Day and hope that you start to rally by the evening! Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Oh LG, it sounds as though it is quite rough up there. The wind here is pretty awful and it is quite cold out there too! I just hope my fuchsias survive this awful weather, they are covered with plastic and also floss but whether it is enough I do not know. They are not hardies but they did come through last winter ok.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Eileen, too many bally adverts as usual!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Moyra - Do hope your fuchsias make it. We cut ours right back once the leaves have fallen, then bag them up for the winter and that seems to do them OK! We only have three different varieties as I recall. One or two new ones that we bought in some couple of years ago (because they had rather beautiful double flowers) didn't seem to like us and although given the same treatment, never made it through the winter. So it may be that we are just lucky with the ones that have become acclimatised to the place. Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Gordon, I do have some hardy ones that stay out and do not need cover just as you say cutting back each year. But the ones I have in my wicker tubs are not hardy although as I say they survived last winter and so far this year are still alive. Just hope they can stay with it. I have covered them well. Trouble is they have daffs and narcissi coming up between them. My daffs and Narcissi out the front are up quite high and I am concerned about them coming on too soon. I have sheltered them in lots of leaf mould and hoping that will protect them to a degree but they all have to take their chances. I do love my gardening though.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Am gutted for you LG imagine having to do things for yourself heavens above
A lot of ads MOYRA,yes still,almost over now,then maybe I'll attempt to get off the sofa
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 08:02 PM
I have missed my Emmerdale so will have to catch up with that! but I still love p and p!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2015, 08:04 PM
At last sat down without the phone going or having to get up to do other things. Have been bobbing in and out all day. Going to watch Snow White and The Huntsman because some of Taran's horsey friends are in that, in fact I think his mum and dad are in it as well doing the stunt riding
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Oh that sounds exciting June!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >