Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
milella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2013, 07:29 AM

If I Could Talk

Found this little poem dedicate it to my Snoops who went to the rainbow bridge 18/07/2012
If I Could Talk

You're giving me a special gift, So sorrowfully endowed, And through these last few cherished days, Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing When your best friend is in pain, And understanding earthly acts Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes, Beyond, into your soul, I see in you the magic, that will Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess, Is why I look to you today, To do this thing that must be done, For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you, And chose you as my friend, And why I've loved you all these years... My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift, You're giving, means to me, It gives me back the strength I've lost, And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf, For that is what friends do. And know that what you do is right, For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent, And through your hand I feel, The courage that's within you, To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here, Dear friend, and let me run, Once more a strong and steady dog, My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing, For I won't be far away, Forever here, within your heart, And memory I'll always stay.

I'll be there watching over you, Your ever faithful friend, And in your memories I'll run, ...a young dog once again.
Bones68
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Beautiful poem which brought tears to my eyes thinking of of my dear old Spike who went to the bridge last August. Thankyou so much for sharing.
milella
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Bones68 View Post
Beautiful poem which brought tears to my eyes thinking of of my dear old Spike who went to the bridge last August. Thankyou so much for sharing.
Your welcome xx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Beautiful poem and it will 'mean' so much to so many members who have lost dogs. Thank you for making the effort to share this with us.

RIP Snoops.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2013, 09:30 PM
What a lovely poem - shed a tear or two reading it and thinking of my Tilly who left me just over 2 months ago.
Thank you for sharing
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Beautiful, made me cry again.. xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Lovely tribute x
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Beautiful poem..with tears in my eyes I am now thinking of all my oldies I have had over the years. Still love and miss every single one of them