Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Netpon View Post
Well she shouldn't have bred her then! Any breeder worth their salt will ALWAYS take any of their pups back. She also might want to spend a bit more time vetting the homes she sells them to!

I do hope she can find a good home, poor thing.
The breeder shouldn't have bred them. The owner did however research the 'breed' and was told they were great family dogs and was never warned about the husky element.

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
He doesn't do the walking it would be my aunt and I think she only walks on a lead and doesn't let them off, so recall outside off a lead isn't an issue (which is what I meant by just the recall).
They have a large garden and has had dogs all his life, and I think he only goes out for an hour once a week if that, and once every 3 weeks to the pub and a sunday afternoon but we used to take Millie his last dog that he lost a few months ago up to our horse field to run in an enclosed 6 acre field whilst he was out unless someone was in the house.
We were looking for a slightly older dog for him, so she may be too young, but she is very pretty!
oooo this sounds promising,imo sounds a really good home that can furfill her needs .. please consider her
Chicco
New Member!
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Agree with Netpon -- these damned byb's who assume their responsibility ends the minute the pup goes out the front door really do need pulling up.

Being in rottie rescue I can't tell you how many time A DAY we hear that the breeder "won't take the dog back".....

Who is supposed to pick up the pieces after these people, and just where do they think the lives that they have created should go......

Wyard, it is a very sweet thought for your grandad, but I really do not think with one outing per week and a dog that is a known escape artist, that such a lively dog would suit him, especially when there are thousand upon thousand of dogs in rescue to choose from. Hope he finds his dog soon.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Chicco View Post
Wyard, it is a very sweet thought for your grandad, but I really do not think with one outing per week and a dog that is a known escape artist, that such a lively dog would suit him, especially when there are thousand upon thousand of dogs in rescue to choose from. Hope he finds his dog soon.
Maybe you misunderstood - grandfather leaves the house once a week otherwise he is at home all the time, so plenty of time for a dog, dog gets walked everyday by aunt who lives with grandfather, once every 3 weeks I took dog to enclosed 6 acre field to run around off lead, otherwise dog gets walked on lead.

I did have a thread up in the homes offered section for anyone who might know of a dog to suit him (as I said a young NI may be too much for him as we were looking for an older dog)
Mack
New Member!
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:47 AM
What a beautiful dog, obviously the owner didnt do their research thoroughly enough!

At the moment people make me sick to the stomach , anything for a quick buck with no thought to the consequences, I really hope she gets the home she deserves where someone will love, care and nurture her.

Shame on the breeder!
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
The owner did however research the 'breed' and was told they were great family dogs and was never warned about the husky element.

rune
Sorry but she can't have researched them very well if she didn't know about the Husky element!!
Chicco
New Member!
Female 

15-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Maybe you misunderstood - grandfather leaves the house once a week otherwise he is at home all the time, so plenty of time for a dog, dog gets walked everyday by aunt who lives with grandfather, once every 3 weeks I took dog to enclosed 6 acre field to run around off lead, otherwise dog gets walked on lead.

I did have a thread up in the homes offered section for anyone who might know of a dog to suit him (as I said a young NI may be too much for him as we were looking for an older dog)
I did misunderstand the beginning bit I guess -- sorry - big sorry -lol.
Still think it would be a bit much for him, as indeed so do you. Even a 6 acre enclosed field would need good suitable fencing to keep a husky enclosed.
I did a homecheck for someone wanting to foster for husky rescue, but although she had lots of land and was a super super lady that would make a great foster home, she only had post and rail type fencing and any foster husky would be over that and GONE. Unfortunately on those grounds only she was turned down.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 11:00 AM
well imo wryds grandfather sounds the ideall type of person for this type of dog(and im and exp sibe and n.i owner)

never say never untill they meet anyway... bitches grow up quicker than males,and i think this girlie needs a stable home..she has no consitancy,a child tormenting her and an owner that bought her for looks and has no time for her!!

...hows about showing grandpa the pic and taking it frome there
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 11:14 AM
I have already had a bit of a rant about the breeder. (The other dog I have seen from the litter has a patchy coat and an even more curly tail.)

This woman was very prepared for what she took on, but did not factor in her son behaving as he has (long story), and was also told these dogs are good off lead.

Wryd - as a 7 month old pup - recall is not the only thing that is needed - she is still needing the basics to be carried on.
The final straw for this lady was the dog escaping from her boat and swimming to shore (then not being able to catch her for an hour. She is an escapee and as a youngster is still very curious about everything.

Let me know if he is at all interested and we can go from there - I do not think she is going to be an 'easy' dog for anyone to take on - however - that might change if the son is out of the picture.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Poor baby hope she finds a home soon! I have to agree the breeder should take the dog back no matter what the circumstances. Cant comment on the owners as i have no idea what there circumstances are but as an NI owner we were aware that though better with recall then a husky they can be difficult with it.

wryd - you know we would be more then willing to offer any help we could if your Grandad was interested in this girly. Raina is 10 months so not that much difference in age if he wants to see what she is like.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >