Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 04:25 PM

All God`s Creatures

I am a fanatical animal lover of all wild life and domestic pets, also a dedicated fanatic against the destruction of our natural environment. That is my cross and I am proud to carry it.

Do any of you feed our urban visitors like badgers, squirrels, foxes, hedgehogs and all those creatures we are privileged to have in our gardens ?

I do. I feed the birds at a cost of £10 per month and feed foxes that come in my garden with meat scraps I get from my local butcher, plus any scraps we have from our own meals.

I cannot say that I would donate to a "Save the Bot-Fly" fund, but all wild life needs a helping hand in a time when man is indescriminately destroying their habitat and takes great pleasure in killing them off for pure fun.

I cannot comprehend why anybody should kill wild life for pure pleasure. But then when humans put animals or even their own babies in microwaves, what is the limit of the depraved human mind ?

John Bull
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
I am a fanatical animal lover of all wild life and domestic pets, also a dedicated fanatic against the destruction of our natural environment. That is my cross and I am proud to carry it.

Do any of you feed our urban visitors like badgers, squirrels, foxes, hedgehogs and all those creatures we are privileged to have in our gardens ?

I do. I feed the birds at a cost of £10 per month and feed foxes that come in my garden with meat scraps I get from my local butcher, plus any scraps we have from our own meals.

I cannot say that I would donate to a "Save the Bot-Fly" fund, but all wild life needs a helping hand in a time when man is indescriminately destroying their habitat and takes great pleasure in killing them off for pure fun.

I cannot comprehend why anybody should kill wild life for pure pleasure. But then when humans put animals or even their own babies in microwaves, what is the limit of the depraved human mind ?

John Bull

No, because it encourages rats!!!!!!!!!!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I feed birds, although they are quite picky around here and have turned their noses up at my lovely home made bird table. I would feed hedgehogs only I actually try to remove them in case Loki gets them because he is highly prey driven. It is a shame because I love to see them. If I got badgers or foxes I would be so tempted. My only concern (apart from my dog issue) would be in possibly encouraging them to hang about in an area where there are cars, other dogs, possibly unsavoury people, etc. I have seen them around here though because of the fields - I adore badgers and foxes and I am always blown away when I see them. Deer too.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
You forgot Rats John, arent you "privileged" to have those in your garden too? Or just the Foxes that can infect your dogs with sarcoptic mange, or the Hedgehogs that infect your dogs with fleas? Or perhaps the Grey Squirrels that have all but destroyed our NATIVE Reds? VERMIN!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
No, because any food I left out for wild animals would either be consumed by my dogs, cats or the neighbours cats.
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You forgot Rats John, arent you "privileged" to have those in your garden too? Or just the Foxes that can infect your dogs with sarcoptic mange, or the Hedgehogs that infect your dogs with fleas? Or perhaps the Grey Squirrels that have all but destroyed our NATIVE Reds? VERMIN!!!
What a nice loving person you are. A credit to the whole human race. Love to meet you in the bead of an LA85A2.

John Bull
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
What a nice loving person you are. A credit to the whole human race. Love to meet you in the bead of an LA85A2.

John Bull
Oh dear John, got the hump? Youre very welcome to meet me, Ill show you what damage some of those little critters do aswell if you like.

With regards to the gun, possibly useful for the Foxes.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2009, 06:03 PM
John Bull

And you have the nerve to call others out
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Oh dear John, got the hump? Youre very welcome to meet me, Ill show you what damage some of those little critters do aswell if you like.

With regards to the gun, possibly useful for the Foxes.
Look mate - this is a nice thread intended for nice people.

I suggest you take your pathetic views on wildlife elsewhere and leave other people to express their views on this thread without your warped views of Mother Nature.

OK beanbrain - if you want an argument on Nature`s treasures then PM me, I will take you to the cleaners, but don`t crap up a decent thread on this Forum. You are at my disposal chum, play ya cards, I`m waiting.

I wonder why on earth you are a member of this Forum in the first place.

Now stop it, leave this thread to the people who care and come and meet me face to face like a man.
John Bull
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I love wildlife and love watching it. Not keen on rats, but love to watch foxes, badgers, hares, pine marten (here on hols) etc etc. Unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to see the wildcat up here yet, but there is always next year.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >