Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 02:27 PM

Tubs and baskets?

Anyone else started or completed even their baskets and tubs I have now managed to do the front ones they have busy lizzies in there tis year they did so well last year.
The back garden one cone shaped basket various plants in and the two wall baskets have busy lizzies too the big wall basket under the licing room window I have planted with carnations - perrenial ones in the hope of the scent coming through the lounge window underplanted with busy Lizzies
Now sure what to put in my other two wall baskets may go out tomorrow and get geraniums I do like them.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 02:30 PM
They sound wonderful, not even thought about myne yet, but have you tried the hanging/trailing petunia, I don't like the border petunia, but love the hanging/trailing one.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Probably getting plants for mine this weekend Karen. Can't wait - it makes the garden so pretty
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Im lucky my mum loves to garden she has real green fingers , dad says sher can even get dead things to grow hahahaha , me no chance cant tell the difference in weeds or new shoots . so i give mum the money and she sorts what plants are best for where and we plant them together , and tend to them together otherwise i would have a garden of nicely tended weeds but your sounds lovely karen
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Im lucky my mum loves to garden she has real green fingers , dad says sher can even get dead things to grow hahahaha , me no chance cant tell the difference in weeds or new shoots . so i give mum the money and she sorts what plants are best for where and we plant them together , and tend to them together otherwise i would have a garden of nicely tended weeds but your sounds lovely karen
You sound like me when I was younger, my Mom was an avid gardener now she can't do as much with her age and arthritis etc but I would say why spend the time just concrete it. Now I was abhore that suggestion to me. It does creep up on you this gardening thing. So be warned.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Most of the planters here are perenials so I don't have to worry much about plants.

I have got some baskets and panters with Impatiens, trailing Lobelia and petunia's in. Some of them are just starting to flower

I hope we get to see some pics of the end result Kazz
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm a bit skint this year, so I've been growing sweetpeas from seed to do the hanging baskets. They're looking pretty good so far - reckon I might pllant them up properly next weekend

Oooh, but i did splash out on some oriental lily bulbs to brighten up the patio

Can you tell that I like stinky flowers?
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:10 PM
well I had a really great bit of luck with regards to my garden,I bought a really nice huge stone sun dial off e-bay ,and the lady wrote to us and said could we pick it up from the garden centre,as its only open that morning before closing for good,well she was having a massive sale,I bought ten wicker hanging baskets for £1.00,two really nice prunus trees,for £2.00 each,a beautiful mini willow for £2.00,two evergreen clematis for £1.00 a beautiful fancy clematis which was originally priced at £49.00 we got it for £2.00,two of those massive 3 tier hanging basket things they use for displays at garden centres for £5.00 each,stepping stones,a garden arch a proper rusticky one,oo what are those lovely big climbers you normally see with the big lilac hanging flowers,names on tip of my tongue but cannot remember it for life of me,oops,loads of really big pots,basically all my gardening needs for the year,petunias,busy lizzies,ivys,fuschias,wood chip,a garden shredder,and loads more,we only had out estate car,and I was hanging onto tree on my lap sticking out of windows,well thats was all well and good,but I have recently sold half of my garden,where the heck am I going to put it all,the three tier things and three of the hangers are all planted up now and looking bautiful though,will try and get piccies later,if weather holds off,
Wendy
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Got most of the pots done, had to be careful though as can still get frosts here, north, nothing fancy though just the usual ones and hope they do well as I love to see colour in our back, its mostly slabs so dull and need colour. x
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by wendy taylor View Post
well I had a really great bit of luck with regards to my garden,I bought a really nice huge stone sun dial off e-bay ,and the lady wrote to us and said could we pick it up from the garden centre,as its only open that morning before closing for good,well she was having a massive sale,I bought ten wicker hanging baskets for £1.00,two really nice prunus trees,for £2.00 each,a beautiful mini willow for £2.00,two evergreen clematis for £1.00 a beautiful fancy clematis which was originally priced at £49.00 we got it for £2.00,two of those massive 3 tier hanging basket things they use for displays at garden centres for £5.00 each,stepping stones,a garden arch a proper rusticky one,oo what are those lovely big climbers you normally see with the big lilac hanging flowers,names on tip of my tongue but cannot remember it for life of me,oops,loads of really big pots,basically all my gardening needs for the year,petunias,busy lizzies,ivys,fuschias,wood chip,a garden shredder,and loads more,we only had out estate car,and I was hanging onto tree on my lap sticking out of windows,well thats was all well and good,but I have recently sold half of my garden,where the heck am I going to put it all,the three tier things and three of the hangers are all planted up now and looking bautiful though,will try and get piccies later,if weather holds off,
Wendy
Is the big lilac hanging flowers the Wisteria? They lovely in white too
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >