Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 06:27 AM

May have possibly enlightened someone!

One of Paul's colleagues called him the dy before yesterday to say he was travelling to pray to lick Jo a black lab Lully as he adult daughter had her heart set on having one. So he started to ask some questions as to why they were going so far. Apparently it's because she only has £300 budget and the managed to find a puppy for that much.

Digging a little deeper...

-they've seen a photo of the puppy with it mother.
- it's had an eye test.

We asked how they knew the photo was the mother, or the puppy come to that. We talked about puppy farms and byb but theyre cetrain its not farmed because photo of puppy was in a house!! They seemed dead set on getting it but then called back today to ask some more questions and said that the block said the puppy had to go today becaus she was going on holiday tomorrow abroad so if someone else turned up they would be given the pup!

They're not really people who question a lot so I a responsible breeder would book a holiday when they knew they had a litter of pups arriving!

Paul also asked him what he would think if someone offered him a 15k car for 5k?! Would he be suspicious or would he just grab it and run?

They've not paid a deposit, so hopefully they won't make the journey...because if they do I'll bet they come back with a pup.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:29 AM
It would be interesting to know how old the pup is, this happened to 2 people I know, one offered to pay for the pup and pick her up in a couple of weeks, she was told the pup had to go today or she would go to someone else who would take her. The other is a Springer, they were told the same, pup goes now or someone else will take him.

Both owners are now regretting taking these pups even though they adore them and won't part with them, they both have similar problems as they were both 4 weeks old when they left the litter. Both are frightened of people even though their owners really worked with them and both are dog aggressive, the Springer does have 2 JRTs to play with and have helped him a lot but the JRT didn't have another dog to teach her to be a dog.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:44 AM
This is all so sad. I hope it all turns out OK for the two puppies you know of Mattie.

Pepe, my standard poodle, is quite unusual as he is a parti-colour. His breeder, who lives in the next village to me, put an ad in Pets4Homes. Then someone alerted her to the fact that her photographs and her exact words were being used to advertise puppies in different parts of the country. Presumably people were being asked to part with their money before seeing the pups and that would be the last they heard.

Will be interested to hear whether Paul's colleague ends up getting the puppy. Hope it falls into good hands, whoever ends up with it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Not sure how old the puppy is. Apparently they have been a bit vague about the actual address too. I've just found the add. They are going for £250 each and have them pictured lined up on a sofa.

I hope they don't go....I don't think they know anything about dog particularly, the dad has cavaliers, litter sisters, but both are nervous and have minimal exercise each day. I hope the daughter doesn't think the same would go for a lab puppy!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
This is all so sad. I hope it all turns out OK for the two puppies you know of Mattie.

Pepe, my standard poodle, is quite unusual as he is a parti-colour. His breeder, who lives in the next village to me, put an ad in Pets4Homes. Then someone alerted her to the fact that her photographs and her exact words were being used to advertise puppies in different parts of the country. Presumably people were being asked to part with their money before seeing the pups and that would be the last they heard.

Will be interested to hear whether Paul's colleague ends up getting the puppy. Hope it falls into good hands, whoever ends up with it.
That's terrible!

I've googled it and found the ad, on pets4homes. Wish I hadn't as the first one I saw is a lovely 9 month old chocolate lab being sold because he was just much now and buying him was a mistake!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Oh dear, I know very well I'm now going to go and check it out on pets4homes. I really should keep away from the site - I either see something (not necessarily a dog) that I desperately want, or I don't like the look of the ad and start to worry.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
Oh dear, I know very well I'm now going to go and check it out on pets4homes. I really should keep away from the site - I either see something (not necessarily a dog) that I desperately want, or I don't like the look of the ad and start to worry.
Best stay away from it then! I feel sorry for the two timid cavvies if they have a boisterous lab pup coming to join them.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:05 AM
I haven't even found the labs yet, but so far I've found and want a chihuahua puppy, a French bulldog puppy, an oriental kitten and a lop eared rabbit - all within a couple of miles from my house. It would be so easy ......

I must be strong! Back to looking for the labs (25 pages of them!)
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Best stay away from it then! I feel sorry for the two timid cavvies if they have a boisterous lab pup coming to join them.
The cavs live with the dad...it's the adult daughter who wants the lab...think she has young children too.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
They are in boreham wood. The people were prepared to travel from Portsmouth.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >