Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Big_Tim
New Member!
Male 

04-02-2010, 11:15 AM

Puppy Kicked

So, I've just had a phone call 30 minutes ago from our dog walker who has said that our 3 month old Border Collie puppy has just been given the mother of all kicks by some, well, I think you can guess what I want to call him. She said that she was off the lead and this guy got out of his car (in a very rural off road carpark in some woods) and she went over to him. He immediately kicked her and sent her flying. Our dog walker was understandably fuming at this, as were 2 other witnesses (one of whom is a dog trainer by profession apparently) and confronted the man. He said that she was trying to attack him, but seeing is she is obviously a puppy and also the friendliest dog you've met I find this completely un acceptable. Our dog walker (and other witnesses) were understandably hugely upset and angry at the man.
We've got his car registration number so thinking will report him to the RSPCA. Has anyone had any similar experiences?
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
I'd report him 110%
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:20 AM
That is sick. You say your pup is 12 weeks old? and he said that your 12 week old puppy tried to attack him?

Please report this lunatic ASAP!

I hope your puppy is ok.

Edit: I had a not dissimilar incident years ago when my Lab was a pup. He was about 6 months and we were in park. An old man walked past with a Springer. The Springer submitted to my pup and the next thing I knew the vile old man had bashed my pup with his walking stick, claiming that my pup was attacking his dog. He then began swearing at me and said that he had guard dogs at home (a lie) that would, I quote, "rip my dog limb from limb". My dogs 'crime' was sniffing his dog. All I will say is that some people are truly mad/psychotic/delusional and honestly shouldn't be allowed with a mile of any animal.
AmyH-Cornwall
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I would also report him!!

OMG if someone did that to a dog when I was around I don't think I would be able to contain myself!

Is she ok? Are you going to take a trip to the vets?

I really feel for you, I hope she is ok!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
report him to the police first and foremost, then the rspca,

lets face it not only did he attack your puppy, but he put a female dog walker in a state of fear and alarm can you see where im going with this,

also push the fact that the puppy may be injured and that it has not yet been checked by a vet,

your more likely to get a better result from the police that way,

you have his reg number and two people seen the event, thats more than enough for the police to take action,.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
I agree this guy was in the wrong for kicking the puppy and should be reported, however I also question what a three month old puppy is doing off lead in a car park no matter how rural.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
I'd report him!!! I had a similar incident when Loki was about 5 months old. We were in our local park when we were passing an Old English Sheepdog and Loki stopped to sniff and the woman owner hit him with her umbrella because his hackles were up!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
So sorry to hear about your puppy being kicked.

I'd give him two choices, either I'd report the whole thing to the RSPCA or I'd find out who he was and hang his head off a lamp-post
Big_Tim
New Member!
Male 

04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Good, I'm glad you think the same as me. Still fuming about it so needed some clarity.
She's now 15 weeks old but still obviously looks like a puppy. The dog walker thinks she is ok but going to get her down to the vet as a precaution. I'll be getting all the details about the witnesses etc then will definately be reporting him to the police/RSPCA.
Our dog walker only lets the dogs off their leads when she believes it's safe, and being a border collie she's very intelligent so has learnt the recall very quickly (helped by copying our other Collie).
And folowing on from the trend above, this guy is apparently in his 60's.
Some people are just unbelievable in their actions.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Big_Tim View Post
Good, I'm glad you think the same as me. Still fuming about it so needed some clarity.
She's now 15 weeks old but still obviously looks like a puppy. The dog walker thinks she is ok but going to get her down to the vet as a precaution. I'll be getting all the details about the witnesses etc then will definately be reporting him to the police/RSPCA.
Our dog walker only lets the dogs off their leads when she believes it's safe, and being a border collie she's very intelligent so has learnt the recall very quickly (helped by copying our other Collie).
And folowing on from the trend above, this guy is apparently in his 60's.
Some people are just unbelievable in their actions.
Report him, 110% and get your little one checked by the vet just to be on the safe side. Let us know she's ok
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >