View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Whats in your winter baskets/tubs/boxes?

Well come on then your Gardeners whats in your hanging baskets/tubs/window boxes this Winter....pictures always welcome will take a few myself today and post later
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm only interested in autumn glory, so all my pots and plants around the garden and trees are all ones that turn bright red in autumn (all acers, acer palmatums and one canadian red maple), I don't do flowers in pots anymore

Here's a little taste of my autumn glory, but the last acer palmatum tree will turn the most glorious bright red in another month's time, so you gotta wait for that one, so have I of course!

You gotta admit this one's quite spectacular, and hopefully it will stay like this for quite a while longer! Most of them have lost their leaves, but these are what I've got left!

I've got two of these, they're a kind of bamboo, but keep changing colour, and stay red all winter long too!

This tree is a Sango Kaku and the whole tree turns bright red and lasts into January, it's just on the turn now

This is another version of the Sango Kaku, but it's called a Katsura, again an acer palmatum! Get me with all me Japenese names, I know them all by heart!

I have so many bamboo's around the garden, and they've all gone mad with all the rain, doubled in size, as well as height, and of course, they stay green all year round. I have the lovely red robins all along the front fenceline, so again more colour with their spectacular red leaves, especially throughout the winter
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 01:28 PM
The geraniums are still going strong, and I `ve replaced the rest with winter pansies.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I have my tub out the front which I planted with ivy, winter pansies and cyclamen with narcissus underneath to come up in the spring.
The two hanging baskets out the back have winter pansies, cyclamen, ivy and a spiky thing in the middle..... and in the wall baskets are huge winter pansies with dwarf tulips planted underneath to come up in the spring.

I'll take some pics when my back allows.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I haven't done them yet as I still have fushias and busy lizzies in bloom.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I haven't done any yet, either
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I haven't done any yet, either
I've only got mine done as I didn't have any summer blooms in as couldn't be bothered earlier this year.

But now my life is different, so I'm back to caring about stuff like that again