View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:31 AM
How can people be so blase about this? It stuns me, it really does. If her dogs had attacked a child, and were PTS because of it, she would be jumping up and down.

Some people are total morons and shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Good job they were small, Dawn, else you could have been really injured - I dread to think!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:35 AM
I find this really incredible, I just can't believe the attitude of people who let their dogs off lead when they must know they are aggressive, it beggars belief! Dawn what was their response when you pointed out how irresponsible and inconsiderate their attitude was???

I love dogs, I love dogs of all sizes, with a special soft spot for small ones but I would be completely taken aback if two dogs started having a go at me! I don't think I would know what to do. These stupid people were lucky that it was you Dawn, someone else might have panicked and kicked out at the dogs and done them a serious injury and it would have been all their owners fault!

This makes my blood boil! Right, I'm off to take my small dog for a walk who wouldn't dream of attacking anyone!

J
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:44 AM
i agree if it was a child who was attacked itd be put to sleep id report it cos next time it could be a child. sorry im laughing at the thought of these two dogs on yr legs cos ithink id wouldve flung them off and booted them down the road no im not usually like that to any dogs but i have a small border terrier pup and no way would iv allowed her to do that its bad enough when i walk to school and she desperately wants to say hello to all the kids but i no there are alot of kids who dont like dogs so shes kept back on her back legs until the mums say its ok!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
I find this really incredible, I just can't believe the attitude of people who let their dogs off lead when they must know they are aggressive, it beggars belief! Dawn what was their response when you pointed out how irresponsible and inconsiderate their attitude was???

I love dogs, I love dogs of all sizes, with a special soft spot for small ones but I would be completely taken aback if two dogs started having a go at me! I don't think I would know what to do. These stupid people were lucky that it was you Dawn, someone else might have panicked and kicked out at the dogs and done them a serious injury and it would have been all their owners fault!

This makes my blood boil! Right, I'm off to take my small dog for a walk who wouldn't dream of attacking anyone!

J
I told them in no uncertain terms how damned irresponsible and dangerous it was to let ANY dog loose that was inclined to behave that way, and if it had been a child or somebody not as used to Dogs, they may now be facing court charges for allowing their dogs to be dangerously out of control. I do think it sunk in but their initial response was one of "oh they mean no harm, they are just small"

Thanks all for your comments, rest assured your feelings are the same as mine, and although it may seem funny, in actual fact it could of been a lot worse.
Dawn.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 10:35 AM
im sorry for laughing bit all i can see is this little set of furry teeth attached to your jeans!!! and you shaking your leg!

But in all seriousness...

we had a dog around our way that was forever going for china but the owners said oh but she is only small your dog could have her for breakfast!

Thats not the point!

I dont want my dog attacked to the point of her retailiating cos that would set us back to square one with her training!

I really think some people are just plain d*** heads!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I never have a problem with little dogs getting near me because my GSD`s have all (apart from one) had a soft spot for tiny dogs and want to play with them - or in extreme cases - mother them. Then I get the frantic owner trying to peel her delighted little dog off my pointy-eared Hound of Hell without getting too close to the cutlery. I do enjoy that.
On a more serious note - the only one who didn`t like little dogs was bitten by one on the knee - this became infected and crippled her. Little dogs are dangerous!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I do think it sunk in but their initial response was one of "oh they mean no harm, they are just small"
Those people don't know how lucky they are that it was you they met, Dawn! An incident like this could so easily end badly for the person attacked and the dogs. I really, really hope that they take on board your advice.

Well done to you for staying calm and not loosing your temper at the dogs or the numpties who owned them!

J
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Yep, there I was walking through the arboretum, when these two Dogs came charging at me barking and snapping. One of them grabbed my jeans and was ragging them! the other just stood jumping towards me and barking. Now what were these Dogs? POMERANIANS!! The owners were screaming "Eliza, Tulip" the dogs ignored them. I was in two minds what to do. Flick it into the stream or stamp on it! Honestly I wouldnt of done either, but what totally infuriated me was the owners "they dont mean any harm" attitude and the fact that because they are small dogs it didnt matter! As you all know, I am a very quiet person who keeps her opinions to herself
nearly wet myself when I read that,
but on this occasion I let rip! How dare they suggest just because they were small it didnt matter. I explained a child without trousers WOULD of been bitten and they could be in real trouble, I hope they understood.

My Dog, Breeze, carried on, left me to be attacked and went looking for Squirrels! talk about loyalty!

and that

but I know how you feel, kaos was attacked by two poms also a couple of years ago, they are wicked little so and so's I felt so sorry for him stood there with them dripping from him squeeling at me to getemoff,,,,mum, I hope your warning sunk in, it could have been so much worse had it been a child or an old person who may have not been able to cope,
Breeze may not have been the type she is and could also have damaged them, bless her, can you imagine the headline if kaos had defended himself,,,or your breeze,. out of control,,,,dog savages two poms,,,,its all wrong eh?

majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Poor Dawn, sorry that this has happened.

It wasnt scary Ailsa, it was ridiculous, but I hope the people realised that small was still aggressive! They just thought it was ok!
You deal with dogs everyday and I have no doubts that you have faced far more scary dogs than these 2! But someone who is not used to dogs or scared of dogs would have been really frightened. Stupid owners I hope they take on board what you say otherwise those dogs may well end up being pts if they attack someone again.
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I know how you feel I was bitten on the face by a Yorkshire terrier..when I was visiting a friend...he jumped onto the sofa.. and just pounced on me.. and the owner again felt that the "tiny little thing meant no harm"... well that my be the case.. but it doesnt take away from the fact, that I was bitten by it... and if I had been a child.. then it would have been much worse... only i didnt make such a scene about it.. just left the house gracefully as i could.. nursing a wound...
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >