Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2006, 03:20 PM

Tissue Eating...

I've heard of Cats eating tissues but this is a new one on me...question from a friend of mine...how do you stop a dog stealing used tissues and eating them? She puts the tissues away but he always manages to find one somewhere and you just can't get them off of him without being bitten, he takes them away and eats them. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi Lisa your friend can't be hiding the tissues very well

Suggest she offers her dog a favourite toy and he should drop the tissue in exchange for this.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Believe me she does but he hunts around and gets them out of pockets etc...she's tried the toy thing but he just loves eating them
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2006, 03:39 PM
We have that problem with Finn and the only solution is to make sure that they are flushed down the toilet after they are used.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 03:45 PM
LOL We have the same problem with Ozzie, trouble is he allways picks them up on his walk. Nothing worse than strangers discarded tissues, he just homes in on them. I feel that I should take rubber gloves on my walk, never know where it's been - yuk. If your friend finds the solution do let me know.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
We have that problem with Finn and the only solution is to make sure that they are flushed down the toilet after they are used.
Same here, we have to really scout other peoples houses for used tissues (yuk) just to make sure Roxy doesn't get them and chew them up
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2006, 03:48 PM
Will it cause him any problems eating them....they always come out the other end ..tissue wrapped poo
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 04:17 PM
i used to have a tissue eater ...she has now upgraded to tea towels she drags them everywhere chewing at the corners when i do the dryng i have 2 piles one for the draw and sophies pile LOL
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Hollie will take a tissue left lying around and shred it, but never pinches them out of the box which is one the coffee table though!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Hollie will take a tissue left lying around and shred it, but never pinches them out of the box which is one the coffee table though!
No, they only seem interested in the used ones!
My first dog used to steal mine - could even get them out of my tight jeans pocket when I was wearing them. We never did manage to stop him (but too be honest never tried that hard - I was only a kid at the time & actually found it quite funny).

Perhaps a few left around sprayed or smeared with something unpleasant (but not harmful) would make this game less appealing?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >