Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:35 PM

please help.... (pregnant dog)

I have been recommended this site by a friend, and i really need some help and advice please....

okay. my 'friend' is in a bit of a pickle. His dog is pregnant. Its' a really long story, and i am too shaky to write it now, i don't even know all of it myself, but his dog is pregnant, and, even though we don't talk that much (but he has been round, because he's my mums friend too) he has bought her round, saying he needs me to care for them. He cannot keep her in his flat whilst she is expecting. He won't tell me why he has bought her to me. He just keeps saying its his fault and he is really sorry about everything.

I would turn him away, but there is an animal involved, and his only other option is to lose his flat, and, though its his fault she is pregnant, i cannot let her be on the streets.

My mum doesn't know what to say, but we have agreed that our 'friend' is not a capable carer of puppies. And we think the best thing for us to do is take control.

His dog is staying at my house. She has a vets appointment for the morning to determine how far gone she is. I am reading up things about how to care for the puppies, but i need all the help i can get. If he has his dog and 'cares' for the puppies, he'll sell them as soon as he can, and i don't like some of the people he has 'interested' in the puppies.

please can someone help?

Thankyou so very much x x
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:40 PM
First of all calm down, take a deep breath and relax.

Wot breed is she and how old?
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:42 PM
he says she is around a year old (and i think she is) and she is a gsd cross, as far as i can tell

thanks for the reply
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Don't panic, there are plenty of people with the experience to advise you. They'll be along shortly. You're in the right place
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:44 PM
thankyou
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Shibby

As wufflehoond says, you'll get all the help you need here Am not a breeder myself so can't help but if it's moral support you want.... we're quite good at that here
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:49 PM
Have you bought 'The Book of the Bitch'?
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:50 PM
i haven't heard of that book before
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Hi

I cant help just wanted to wish you welcome here.. And I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here...

Can you get him to sign the dog (or the future pups anyway) over to you? So he doesnt have a claim on the puppies I mean..

Just so he dont go out at sell them to any "bad/wrong" people, or even sell them too soon?
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I've no experience with pregnant dogs but you've come to the best place for help! There are lots of very eperienced owners on here...you'll be fine!
Welcome by the way!!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »