Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:05 AM

Got To Say Bye bye to My babies

Just for a few days, but its going to be horrible and seem like a lifetime.
Kyiro is a jibbering wreck with the fireworks. I have had scared dogs before but nothing like Kyiro.
The greyhound rescue where I got Lily from do a boarding service too. I have got to know them there quite well and the place is known as the holiday Hilton for dogs as they get so much care and attention and treats and fun laid on. They are in the middle of nowhere and have no fireworks go off round there at all so as I know from experience here next Fri, Sat and Sun will more than likely see fireworks almost constant at times, and for at least 19 out of 24hrs each day there will be some go off.
I can't subject Kyiro to that fear anymore last night was awful with him and even 3 hours after they stopped I had to drag him trembling and crying into the garden for a wee.
Lily doesn't seem bothered but will go to the kennels with Kyiro to give him moral support as he is such a worrier.
Below is thier itineray for Friday to monday as written by Jeff who is top kennel man. He wrote it through one of their regular staying dogs eyes.

We have had a few"moms & dads" check out our doggy "Hliton" for holidays and ive taken these details out of Iggys personal organiser.
6am-7am bark with rest of gang to wake staff!! (sometimes earlier if bored)
7am-8am wee and nuber 2s and lots of sniffin & moochin in grass paddocks
8am-9am return to nice clean kennel and breakfast (readybrek my fav)
9am-11am sleep,stretch,roo,finish brekky,and let staff have a quick cuppa!!
11am-12am paddock time again and mess around with Jill (my bitch!)
12am-1am DINNER DINNER ..big chunks of meat my fav garcon!!!!!
1pm-3pm sleep upsidedown.stretch,fart,roo and again a cup of tea for that lot!
3pm-4pm..paddock time again..shout across to george & izzy
4pm-6pm sleep,chill,relax,stretch lick,bark,roo,eat chewys,tip water bowl over etc
6pm-7pm paddock time again..and return to "fluffed" up comfy bed
7pm-6am..sleep till 6am and repeat routine
Iggy says everday is just like xmas day at dillymore!!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear your baby has problems with fireworks..Ruby does too, no matter how loud we have the tv she still shakes like a leaf.

Question.....do they take humans there? It sounds fab xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:28 AM
It will be tough for you Bev and I know that you will miss them but it is the best thing for them for a couple of days. Bloomin' fireworks
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Unfortunatly not and no other breed of dog either, its dedicated to giving greyhounds a special time and finding them special homes when they retire. They have lovely big grassy paddocks to run and play in and the indoor kennel area is steam cleaned daily and is immaculate.
I know they will have a great time and looking on the positive side perhaps I can watch and enjoy the fireworks for those few days instead of dreading them.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2011, 10:37 AM
It sounds like a lovely place I bet you will miss them though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Awww Bev of course you will miss them. But I think Kyiro will really thank you for your thoughtful holiday.

I really wish they would make fireworks display only and for one night only and the public could not get their hands on the bloomin things.

Poor Ollie hated them too.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a good solution for all of you, you can get complete rest at the same time!
lisamaria
New Member!
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:37 AM
That really sounds like a fab place!! I'm so worried about my mums mastiff and how he will handle the fireworks, he is such a scaredy cat, even if you say boo he runs and hides!! my dog on the other hand doesn't seem to mind, i think shes used to the noise with my clan lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Bev, that is a wonderful solution to the problem, we all know you'll miss them the minute they leave you, but it does sound like a wonderful place and had a smile reading that daily diary (Not quite sure what 'roo' means and even less sure if I should ask on a public forum )

We don't have any fireworks next week of course but we do have them on New Years Eve and another day around July time, the rearest are about 3 miles away but Bara still gets frightened, and it's one of the few times she'll be pawing the door to come inside. Rianna is like your Lily, she isn't that bothered so long as we are around, I don't know how she would react if we weren't here 'tho.
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a great solution and you can concentrate on getting the rest you need too
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >