View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
He is perfectly legal in shooting the Squirrel if its on HIS property. Have a look here.
DAwn.

http://bromsports.co.uk/acatalog/The...formation.html
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
If you want him stopped it might be the way to do it.

Not sure if your law is the same as ours but check into it
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn
He is perfectly legal in shooting the Squirrel if its on HIS property. Have a look here.
DAwn.

http://bromsports.co.uk/acatalog/The...formation.html
Thanks for that Dawn, just had a look, sorry to see alot of the birds that I feed are on the pest list too
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
yes it a shame that this happens
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Its quite irresponsible to shoot anywhere when you cannot be sure where a lost shot could end up.I was taught to shoot accurately and more importantly safely by my father using air rifles,shotguns and .22 rimfires.He always used to say,if you cannot be sure where the bullet will go-do not take the shot.Admittingly,an air rifle does not have significant range,but can still cause harm regardless and shooting in a residential road is wrong.

Try asking the Police on what sort of view they take on this.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Its quite irresponsible to shoot anywhere when you cannot be sure where a lost shot could end up.I was taught to shoot accurately and more importantly safely by my father using air rifles,shotguns and .22 rimfires.He always used to say,if you cannot be sure where the bullet will go-do not take the shot.Admittingly,an air rifle does not have significant range,but can still cause harm regardless and shooting in a residential road is wrong.

Try asking the Police on what sort of view they take on this.
Thanks for that Steve, I'll see what I can do, it really upset me, the squirrels used to feed in my garden, did hardly any 'damage' (Pip rips the lawn up far more when trying to corner! ) and provided us with innocent entertainment, Charlie loved to watch them, she cried for about an hour with her friend who used to come to see them.

Everyone's welcome at Cafe Ash as you may remember from the Nautre Boards - just so sad and un-necessary. Best Wishes, AL x

Ohhh, how's my big man Vegas doing ??
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
yes it a shame that this happens
.... just can't see how 2 squirrels could offend someone so much
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Thanks for that Steve, I'll see what I can do, it really upset me, the squirrels used to feed in my garden, did hardly any 'damage' (Pip rips the lawn up far more when trying to corner! ) and provided us with innocent entertainment, Charlie loved to watch them, she cried for about an hour with her friend who used to come to see them.

Everyone's welcome at Cafe Ash as you may remember from the Nautre Boards - just so sad and un-necessary. Best Wishes, AL x

Ohhh, how's my big man Vegas doing ??
If the squirrels have been causing such a nuisance to this man,the best way would have been to use a trap-then destroy them after caught.I know this sounds harsh,but the law states that any grey squirrel caught in a trap MUST be destroyed-not released.I myself have shot squirrels (vermin control on relatives woodland),but used a shotgun as death is instant.Unless this person is a good shot-he could not guarantee a quick death using an air rifle.

And Vegas is doing absolutely fine! Just got back from throwing 'ball on rope' over on field and he's knackered!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 08:38 AM
i think shooting anything is wrong pest or not pest
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2005, 08:39 AM
.... just can't see how 2 squirrels could offend someone so much
The majority are ok Ashlady, but I'll give you a couple of instances. Squirrels ate through my aunts wires in the loft, caused a fire, costing them thousands to put right, but the insurance wouldn't pay out because it was Squirrel damage. They also eat bark and destroy the surfaces of trees, Next door had above 30 saplings destroyed by Squirrels in just one year, again a lot of money wasted.

I agree for the most part they cause no problems for most people, but for those that they do cause problems for, it can be a costly exercise to put right.

I still think this person was VERY irresponsible, and I would too speak to the Police and ask they warn him of his careless attitude.
DAwn.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >