View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Have to say, I stood on the drive and cried. We had shampooed all carpets, bleached and polished everywhere in the bungalow we had moved from,and this place was a right sh*t tip. Charlie was only 1 mnth old and before her skin touched the floor, every carpet had been replaced, I couldn't clean it enough!

Even the spiders in the dining room had died of nicotine poisoning!!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Our house was dusty and spiders had partying forever there or so it seemed. They were everywhere

And the garden was The frogs who now live in the back of the garden (where the water is) were living by the stairs to the back door So we had frogs both in- and outside the first day

The couple who had lived there before had painted allmost the entire house in a dark red colour too

Luckily our landlord agreed to pay for new wodden floors and we then painted and cleaned the place ourself .....
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

07-06-2005, 07:21 AM
The house we live in now was brand new..so was fine, but the two before that were awful!....the last one the lazy bu**ers had not even hovered cleaned the bathroom or anything the oven yeee gads ......

The house before that OMG!.......the bathroom we were scraping gunge off the shower tray that was about an inch deep yeeewwww and they musthave been standing in it to have a shower......the whole house was disgusting....it took me and my mum about 4 days solid before i would even move anything in......and to think that we had had a cup of coffee out of their mugs when we were looking at the house......my stomach churns just thinking about it......I never noticed the muck when I looked at the house, i did not like the decor but new it would be changed.....
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2005, 09:00 AM
hi this is just one of the pics from this house...dont worry its not like it now ...see what you all make of it its hard to imagine but the whole house was like this..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0358.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	356  
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 09:14 AM
owwwwwwww yuk
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 11:24 AM
ew very dirty!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
This house was not to bad clean wise, although the decorating was yukky.. Everything was flesh pink... the hall/stairs and front bedroom..... Our bedroom was bright orange and lime green with a turquoise border!!!!!!!!! Took 3 coats of white and 3 of Lilac to cover it..
Although the kitchen floor had linoleum tiles down and I thought they were really dirty.. I decided to scrub one with a scrubbing brush and it came up looking brand new..but that was the only really dirty bit..

the house before this was disgusting....

Bedroom 1 stank of dogs and pee... they had a dog and it had pups so they kept them in that one room.. they then kept one of the pups and they lived in that room.. We literally poured neat bleach on the floor boards and let it soak in..
The living room was yellow due to nicotine... ... the Bathroom was grimy and the kitchen was absolutely black.. I took all the cupboards off the walls and took them outside to scrub them with bleach and steam cleaned what I couldnt take outside..

Oh and when the cistern on the toilet stopped working they had to remove the entire unit because the bolt holding them together was sooo rusted due to "the man" not having a very good aim :smt078
millies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
louis ...this just sounds like my neighbours house ... i took up the lino on the bathroom floor expecting wee marks etc... but they had just placed the lino on top of old p** , its discusting i have been around there today to help and its lots better , although no carpets , curtains , skirting , dado rails , light fittings , raditors etc are left in ...they have had to remove the lot!! it smells loads bettter and my neighbour feels alot better about things today ... although shes not having her children stay there untill its cleaner (they are stopping with in-laws ) plus the extra cost thats been involved cos of things they were not expecting to change ... raditors , flooring , etc has made her feel abit down ...but like other posters have said , i think ive found a really nice friend and neighbour there!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3