View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trudi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2011, 12:30 PM
I have 3 rotts and they get 454gms each a day. They all weigh just under 40kgs so they are getting less than the 2% ratio. One of them even at that tends to put on weight so she has to be cut down more. I find with the raw feeding you need to look at the dog and ajust to them not go by the book.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trudi View Post
I have 3 rotts and they get 454gms each a day. They all weigh just under 40kgs so they are getting less than the 2% ratio. One of them even at that tends to put on weight so she has to be cut down more. I find with the raw feeding you need to look at the dog and ajust to them not go by the book.

Thank you, very helpful
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:10 PM
At the other extreme my GSD that weighs 39 kgs consumes circa 2Kgs of food per day!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Cain was on 800g when he weighed 45kg, which is less than 2%. He put on 2kg *grrrrr*

Now he's on 700g a day and is down to 42/43kg which is much better. Going to up him to about 730g to try and stablise his weight now. I thought he'd be starving on that amount but he's not. He gets a big raw carrot every day to bulk it out and he's not starving to death on less than 2% Of course when he gets off lead and runs more, I may need to put it up. It's so different for all dogs.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2