View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pmknco
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2006, 12:58 AM
I feed BARF. I was the worlds biggest BARF sceptic and like many believed complete food was best. Until spring 2005 when my dogs all caught campylobachter. I had the food analysed and sure enough that's where it came from. The pet food manufacturer's never once answered my calls although to be honest I have now let that go.

During the time I was having all this trouble we had bought a Crestie puppy who had been reared on BARF. Over the following months I watched her do down hill drastically on the new brand of complete food we were now feeding. My other dogs motions stank to high heaven and I was really beginning to despair. My old girl was suffering renal failure and was on kidney diet, and she was getting weaker by the day.

As my crestie pup now looked horrendous I decided to put her back on to BARF. I cringed at the thought of chicken wings, but sure enough she got straight back into the diet and my other dogs watched in awe while they got complete. One particular hot day they all went out to do their business and the smell as usual took my breath away, where as Sassy's jobs were small firm and didn't smell. I flipped and thought b****r it. I changed them all to BARF there and then over night. This was Sept 2005 and from then on we had no more stinky jobs, the ones with slightly dirty teeth were immaculate with in two days, they loved meal times and my other skinny crestie who hated food now loved her dinners.

This brings my to my old girl Kizzy who I had not had the confidence to change from her kidney diet. She was getting very weak and the kidney smell was awful. She didn't eat for a couple of days but tried to pinch her daughters wings so I though OK, if I'm going to lose her now she may aswell die happy eating something she wanted.

Within 3 days of eating raw food she was back running around with the others, the kidney smell was fading fast and she was soon back in her role as top dog. More importantly I stopped her drugs after a month and for the next 8 months she was fit and health. I am convinced the diet gave us the extra 9 months we had that we wouldn't not have had with her. I will be forever grateful for that as Kizzy was my soul mate.

I have to say I've been totally impressed with the health and condition of my dogs and apart from 1 dog who went through horrendous de-tox I've never once doubted what I've done. My now oldie Emma is 13 and our vet is extremely impressed with how healthy she is for her age. My dogs all have sparkling clean teeth and their jobs are small and easy to clean up.

I'm well aware of how contraversial the BARF diet is, however speaking from my own experiences I can highly recommend it and so can my dogs.
mybabybruno
New Member!
Female 

12-11-2006, 01:07 PM
yes my dog loves pineapple, well basicly it's ground up veg, tripe, yogurt. There was some other stuff need to have a think and i tell you later, think ill have to ask the other half as he helps prepare the food so he might no what else i put in, Ill post some more pics later with more detail on whats in them.
Page 20 of 20 « First < 10 17 18 19 20