Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Rant away Mandy. My Max was never worried by fireworks nor is Dillon but poor Ollie was terrified. I really wish they would ban for them from public sale and they were only allowed for public display at organised events.
One night a year.
I agree
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2015, 07:34 PM
evening all, i am deffo not absentious
Mandy, hate fireworks, kota isn't scared but barks at them, deags well not sure yet. I have stocked up on the diffusers and homeopathic noise remedy,trouble is it's not just one or two nights is it? it would be tolerable if it were 2 nights or so. Just very very pleased that you got Rosie back on lead
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Evening all.
Glad you got Rosie back home without any lasting damage, Mandy, poor lass must have been frightened witless.
If I had my way they should classify fireworks in the same way they do firearms, with appropriate penalties for those in possession without a valid licence. They seldom cause anything other than misery.
Had a reasonable enough time when out this afternoon, although as I said earlier - I would far sooner have been out on the moor. Do find that the older I get, the more anti-social I become. lol !
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I'm sorry going to have a little rant:
I have took Rosie out for a wander off lead, I had just, as in a second before, put Rosie back on a lead, when so e idiot let off a firework, thank my lucky stars she was on her lead otherwise she would have been straight in the road, which was quite busy too. So I turned back to ring her home, talking calmly too her her when bang off went another!!! She's so upset by it, and when we got back and ran straight in and gone to bed! Hasn't had a drink which she normally does!! I'm so cross with them, it's a dam good job I didn't see the idiots!!!
Sorry needed to vent
You're quite right to be angry and I sympathise with your situation. The fact is that many dogs which are quite able to confront what they perceive to be a danger will get terrified at things like fireworks.

I have a theory that if they can see the danger they will confront it (and if necessary die to protect the other pack members). But if they can't see it then it's beyond their comprehension and that much more frightening.

I can say that our Baruska when she was alive would not hesitate to 'have a go' at anything she thought was a threat, this was quite often the huge John Deere tractor that used to come down our road from time to time. But when it came to fireworks she was a nervous wreck poor thing.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Hello
Finally got to sit so thought I'd pop in,see how the mad hatters are..all well I hope Been a busy few weeks,has settled down now.Mum is doing amazingly well,won't be doing with any fuss,very independent so I've loosened the lease a tad
Chucking it down here and the wind is howling Huge change,weather has been beautiful
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi ya Lacey, pleased to hear your mum is doing well and is sorting you out Lol mum knows best Lol
LG, i am very antisocial...some people i find o.k and others well i just think how the heck have they been allowed oxygen??? Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Mum is doing amazingly well,won't be doing with any fuss,very independent
Hiya Lacey, so glad your Mum is doing well.

Have you noticed that LG has taken to poetry now, these aristocrats are so talented aren't they

And we have to use Moyras 'word of the day' at least once in our posts now

So tonight my dinner was very simple, I am often abstentious you know
Or should that be abstemious, some think it so
One is modern, one is old
Just like me, or so I'm told.

OK you're all groaning now
Must go now as I have to leave early and head up Lynns way (Swaffam) for some new front tyres to be fitted on FLO and the driver door window repaired, must remember not to slam it so hard in future

Good night to all of you, see you tomorrow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Eileen - lovely to hear from you - particularly as it's to tell us all that your Mum is now doing well! Long may it continue - feel sure she'll be back on absolute top form by the time the "C" time comes round.
Griff - I just don't see the point of making the effort to be nice to someone that you're not very struck on. I'm a lot of things - but not a hypocrite! Of course, The Mem knows this and tends to steer me away from those whom she seems to think would get the rough edge of my tongue (or worse, lol).
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Been finishing the ironing tonight, thought it was never going to end,but at last it did.
Glad to hear your mum is doing well, Eileen. I know she has a follow up appointment on Thursday and hoping that goes well and they have caught it all very early on.
Back is really sore after all that ironing, so off for a long soak
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi HARVEY,gone already Sleep well xx
MOYRA,has a "word for the day"?Oh that sounds like fun
GRIFF,thanks Have missed to much to even begin to catch up,so if anyone has gotten married,pregnant etc please fill me in
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >