register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2015, 09:05 PM
We get our green bin, grey bin and brown bin free, but if you get it pinched (as mine was one bin day) then you have to pay £40, I take my stuff to the tip instead as I refuse to pay for something that wasn't my fault, I didn't leave the bin out, it was left out for the binmen and someone took it!!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2015, 09:08 PM
We get one replacement and that's it, i have etched mine all over with my house number and postcode.....tragic really Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Didn't make any difference to whoever took mine, the house number was on it, still went within a couple of hours.
I'm told that this is quite common now bin collections are fortnightly, people steal another bin, then they have enough space for their rubbish, so the people who have had their bins stolen, pay £40 (and possibly that bin gets stolen) or do as I do and take their rubbish to the tip. They're halving the size of the bins here next year, so it will get worse I expect
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Lynn - I meant the bin itself was (I thought) free - I have no idea what the charges would be anywhere for the service of removal of the waste itself. All ours is either composted or burnt so we would never need it.
Mandy - How peculiar, why next year I wonder - seems a strange way of going about things. When you can apply - will it then be free? Or is that information witheld by the omnipotent Council?
Griff - Like the idea of a "daily word". Could prove quite entertaining.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Brenda - Corrugated, Marmalade and Antediluvian - just 3 more long words to add to your collection. No charge! lol !
Bet you never get to use them in the same sentence.
The antediluvian who lived in this house before us used to store his marmalade in corrugated cardboard boxes and they were all ruined when the river burst its bank.

Sorry LG just couldn't resist having a go at that one
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:27 PM
June - following a conversation of 12 months or so ago, with a friend in the village. I was told that if you reported the theft of a bin to the police and got a crime number, then that bin would be replaced FOC by the council. Though this is Oldham MBC, may of course, vary by area.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Well done Harvey - there's always one! LOL !
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2015, 09:32 PM
I just had this stupid conversation with the call centre at the Town Hall, no one told me that! Far too late now, and I'm used to my tip trips now, but handy information for someone who may need it in future.
Maybe whoever starts the thread (Moyra or Brenda usually) could select a word to be used everyday at least once by everyone who posts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
I need to go to council in morning to ask for a garden waste bin ( never thought I'd say that ) but our friends let us use hers for the bush trimmings, and me and Tony think it's a good idea, so will see how much it is.
Not sure about Derbyshire but here in West Suffolk they are currently included in the council tax, not for much longer 'tho 'cos they have just announced they will be charging for them next year. It will be between £35 and £50 per bin.

ETA:-
That's the collection charge, not sure what supply would cost but everyone got a free one when they started using them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Maybe whoever starts the thread (Moyra or Brenda usually) could select a word to be used everyday at least once by everyone who posts
Great idea. A sort of word of the day competition but just for fun. Over to you Brenda or Moyra but start of gently 'cos my brain doesn't usually get going 'till about mid day
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >