Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 06:52 AM

Daily Dogsey Thread (Saturday)

Good morning everyone, Dark again this morning waiting for it to lighten a bit before taking Amber out, though she is waiting to go.

Eileen glad you mum is home and on the mend. You'll be glad to see Conor this weekend too!

J D Williams stuff is quite good but you end up with so many catalogues. Like Harvey says I just remove my name and address and put through the shredder and dump all the catalogues in the recycling, wicked waste of paper and trees though!

Have a good day all, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 07:25 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Yep it was dark this morning when I woke up but it is now light but cloudy. The sun was trying but has gone back to bed. Moyra do you have your own shredder and what sort is it. I keep thinking about getting one. Off soon to do the last dog training class before having a break for one Saturday and then back with a vengeance. We have refreshments and a quiz so that should be fun. I tried the quiz on my friend yesterday and she didn't know many of the answers. This year seems to have flown by now, after the next course it will be Christmas and then January to start all over again. ttfn.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Yes Brenda, I have quite a big one. It is a Fellows and stands over 2' high takes quite a bit of paperwork, wouldn't be without it. It stands next to my desk and the stuff that goes through it is amazing. At least you have the knowledge that nothing which carries your name and address or banking details can go out without strimming.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and Brenda, it's a bit dismal here too.
Moyra I do exactly the same with all the junk mail I get

I haven't mentioned it but on Monday I have to go for a colonoscopy ct scan. That isn't bothering me what is...is that I have to go 36 hours without food, now you all know me and my food
I can have clear jelly, lemonade, black coffee and Bovril. I shall have faded away by Monday
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Good morning

Enjoy your training free Saturday Brenda

Hope you enjoyed your walk Moyra

Poor you Nippy its bad enough having to do a fasting blood test but 36 hours You will deserve a good meal for your efforts

Pleased to read mum is home Eileen and is recovering well.

I too shred all stuff with name and address, bank and credit card statements etc. We have a Fellows too. Not looking forward to shredding all the accounts from the kennels that are waiting (10 years old so should be safe.) They are in the loft at the moment waiting for my next visit

Nice here this morning. Teazle walked early, done a bit of gardening, cutting dead plants down for the winter and also made a lemon cheesecake. Will have some tomorrow and then cut and freeze

Have a good day and stay safe. the rest.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Awww Nippy, best of luck, dad has his on 26th... he has had it before and we didn't hear the end of it for weeks Lol...i had to hide all the biscuits Lol
Morning Moyra and Brenda, hope you both have a good day
mum has gone to see Tess and Billy today, tess is so very very confused, she rung us again last night and when i sai hello and asked how she was she put the phone down on me Lol
just been looking into amazon prime for the video stuff for the tablets, from what they are saying i can only have stuff on 2 tablets...that is fine as long as we don't all want to watch the same thing.... which would actually be unlikely, might see if i can talk my dad into buying it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 10:12 AM
The neighbours give me sacks of shredded paper and I put it on top of the girls shavings, so it does get some use, then when I clean out it gets bagged and taken to the tip where it is burnt and heats the offices!!!!
Nippy will be thinking of you, but like you say the fasting is the thing to worry about here Hope it all goes well and its not too bad lots of hugs
My mum was like that Griff, she used to just keep ringing but deny she had and it was us ringing her, or just keep saying Hello, I know you're there It was freaking my brothers kids out as they were quite young at the time, and in the end they had to screen the calls through an answer phone. I just unplugged mine because people have been getting me on the mobile for years so made no difference to me really.The only thing that was bearable was that she literally had no memory of it all so it wasn't like she'd be upset because she didn't know anything
Have a nice day Brenda. Our training club finishes mid December and there's a Fancy Dress party and cake and soft drinks. Starts back again early January
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Ooooo TW, what you and Zenith going as then??? i am sure tess has no idea what she is doing, she called the other day and we have no idea what she was on about but she was crying out for help so i had to ring the care home and get one of the staff to go and see to her, mum is just at preston so will be there soon....i am supposed to be going next week...scratch that i am going next week, don't care how rough i am! i have a feeling she might not be around much longer, and bill...well bless him he is away with the fairies completely, looking forward to hearing what he says about me Lol last time he saw me i was 18 with long brown hair...now i am 35 with black and pink hair and it is very very short.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Good afternoon everyone.

Moyra - thought I'd post this for you. In today's Mail in the accompanying Weekend magazine there is an article by Ben Fogle titled How Britain fell in love with the Labrador. Thought of you immediately, hope you get a chance to get it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-10-2015, 01:31 PM
If I dress Zenith up she'll eat it in milliseconds, she is still bitey and shreddy. The theme is to be Onesie and Wellies....Absolutely whacked, had everyone out on the river, Zen in the park, cleaned all kennels right out, fresh shavings and shredded paper all over and after Zen had had her lunch she came to 'help' ready to murder her in the end Its like having a baby elephant under your feet
If they've not seen you in a while Griff, they may know you, my mum would deny having seen people within 10 minutes of them going, and didn't remember much at all, but things from years back she did. Although the black and pink hair may just send them slightly off track Hoping you are OK on the journey Griff, and have you got them aware of you and that you need some assistance.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >