register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Quite mild and dry here. Son gone off to his first meeting after a few hours on my couch. His gf text to say she's landed in Greece. Got the story now. She has a friend who met a Greek bloke whilst on holiday and went back to be with him. They stay wherever he is working in the summer, in the winter they go to his parents in Greece,they come over to England after Christmas,then back to wherever he is working for the summer. They are getting married and his gf has gone over for the wedding and its been planned a long time, so I can live with that one and not feel bad things after all, she's back Sunday.
Brenda, those wheelie boards are illegal to use on the road, it was in the paper I read a few days ago, sadly I have been looking but can't find it now. Ring the police and ask them if they are legal and tell them you've nearly had a nasty accident with one.
Nippy, pasties....oh why aren't you next door. By the way has anyone moved into Celias yet, and are they nice
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 10:19 AM
TW, this is what you mean i think
http://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2015/10/...-roads-updated
they are absolute crap anyway, seen a few peeope with them round here... i am half crippled and even i can walk quicker than one of those things Lol, waste of a couple of hundred quid in my opinion
Mmmmmm would there be any cheese and onion pasties Nippy??? could manage one of those thanks
Just had the pups out, kota rolled in poop so now have to bath her and if i am doing her may as well do deags....mind you deags looks proper grubby, white dog and mud= not a nice combination Lol. We just got up the field..me and deags and there was a lovely brown cocker up there, deags was barking but not being nasty...more excited i think, the owner wasn't impressed so will need to try and work on that...hasn't a bad bone in her body but being a staffy mix people will get the wrong idea
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 10:38 AM
Griff hope your ear is better now. I do wish people could read dogs, especially their own and maybe others, then they would know that others are ok even if they bark. How else are they able to communicate if they have short tails for instance. I expect Deags has a tail but you know what I mean. Pasties, yum. June I have spoken to the police about this and dogs being attached to cyclists on bikes but it is a case of catching the perpetrator in the act. Oo another long word. Oh well off to put jackets in the oven to cook. Love the smell of them cooking. Spinach, fresh tomatoes and chicken steaks to go with them. ttfn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Good morning - just

Right all over to Nippy's for lunch. Can you do one without sewed thought as it makes me ill

Brenda you are certainly having a bad time your way, hugs.

Hope you ear is better Griff and you are not too cold.

Enjoy your chat with your friend Lynn

Another quiet day for you then Moyra and many more to come.

At least you know the full story now June so its not too bad. Mind you the same happened to us. Helped son and d in l to buy their house here and still waiting for repayment. Her father is a millionaire in Brazil but doesn't offer a penny. As my son says they know who really cares.

Not nice here today. Drizzling quite hard. Managed to get Teazle out before it was too bad so instead of a day out for us I have been food shopping. Got everything is lordship wanted and what I needed for Teazle and forget to get porridge oats for myself and for making flapjacks. Oh well I can always eat cornflakes Right off to finish lunch - chicken stew and dumplings, yum.

Have a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 11:11 AM
The pain has eased off thankyou both
Brenda, it was very obvious she was excited...mind you it is probably me he has a problem with or just the breed she is...their loss, she would love to say hello to them
Sue, you have been busy again!! Today i have walked the dogs and bathed them...they are both now curled up on the sofa under their blankets....lifes hard for them lol
i am starving...not sure what we have to eat, probably just get some crisps
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Hoping Nippy sends a cheese and onion pasty over to you Griff. Glad the pains gone and you're feeling better now. I always wait and see before I judge a staffy, some nice ones around, but some not
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
This next bit is for Losos or of course anyone else that s interested in the saga of the post not paid: This is what they said:

Whilst we sympathise with your cause, your details had been automatically uplifted from various advertising websites that you are listed on. We are not aware of any non-postage costs.

We cannot agree to refunding you any alleged amounts but as a gesture of goodwill, should you choose to purchase any products from us, we will gladly offer you a £2.00 discount.

Don't think I will get any joy from them so just experience.
I have never asked them for anything.

ttfn
Peeps.
Brenda, thank you so much for quoting that. So my understanding of that statement is that someone, somewhere, (Who had your address) has sold it on to the people who sent you the parcel.

On top of that they are now only willing to give you a refund if do actually order something from them

It's very sisnister in my opinion, some firm has benefitted from being paid a small fee for passing on your details, and another firm is potentially going to benefit by selling you something.

My other half wants to order something from 'Fifty Plus' which is fine, except that they are desperate to open a credit account for her (She doesn't want, need, or request one ) So I have attached a letter telling them that I do not trust these credit checking agencies (Experian etc) because it is all too easy for an employee to sell personal details to anyone willing to buy them and that includes the real criminals who are defrauding people left right and centre.

Yes I think you will have to put it down to experience, being a tad older than you we've had a few of those as well, but it does mean we all have to be much more careful about who we give our details to and personally I'm comming around to thinking that the old way of shopping was not so bad.

You go into a shop, find what you want, take it to the checkout, hand over some folding stuff, leave shop. Bingo, they don't know anything about you and you can go home in the knowledge that nobody is about to sell your details on and you will be getting unwanted parcels from unknown suppliers.

Once again Brenda thank you posting that, it has made me even more determined to be extra careful in future, for which I'm grateful.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 12:08 PM
i think the way i look probably doesn't help matters Lol ahh well, i got used to avoiding people with laney but thought it would be nice for the pup to have some mates, deags has met kira so we know we are o.k with her
Ate a bag of french fries in worcester sauce flavour...yum yum, will still find room for a pastie though Lol i think i will just have to learn to embrace my chunkiness Lol
been on my fire tablet, storing the password for here and the address so you can keep me company...do all trains do free wifi now?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I do wish people could read dogs, especially their own and maybe others, then they would know that others are ok even if they bark. How else are they able to communicate if they have short tails for instance.
Yes Brenda, you would think that everyone with a dog would have done at least a bit of reading, but as you say some people have not the slightest idea about cannine commincation.

Our Rianna barks at strangers, when we were in CZ I trained her to bark because it was a very rural and isolated area. There was an old man who used to push his bicycle up the hill past our place. Rianna would know when he was more than half a mile away, round two hairpin bends and completely out of sight. I can't 'untrain' her now and anyway her barking does not mean she's aggressive, she's the sweetest, good natured dog anyone could have.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Sorry girls after all that preparation, pastry making etc I was pooped. I had intended doing cheese and onion as well but ran out of stamina! Maybe next time
TW, no one next door yet. Someone pulled out a the last minute. Now there is a little family interested and they have ....2 dogs
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >