Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Sickening isn't it ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Oh you need to go and sit down for this one Lynn, guess what I've found on my wanderings

LABRANESE

These are a mix of Labrador and Bernese Mountain dog,the mother is the labrador, poor thing, its a miracle she survived
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey
I have the night off,using it to catch up on the ironing and washing Mum is still in hospital bless her Concerned about her as she is still a bit confused,especially at night time.Can be the effects of the anaesthetic,doc says or the fact she has a kidney infection,apparently that can cause her symptoms.Had recovered so well from the op so far so it's a pity this is all happening really Anyway they are looking after her well and she'll be totally back to herself in no time I'm sure....fingers crossed.
Been told to stay at home tonight and have a break,so I'm doing just that.
Hope everyone is ok,miss chatting to you guys.Lacey is following me everywhere.Haven't been home much lately,Sarah has been looking after her and she's been so good
Off for a coffee and a catch up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 05:36 PM
Yeah it is right about kidney infections Eileen, plus the effects of anaesthetic can go on for a while as it stays in the bloodstream longer than you'd think. Glad to hear she's doing well, and I'm sure she'll be home and running you ragged here there and everywhere. Just great she is turned the corner now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Lacey, google cranberry juice and water infections...my urologist makes me take a cranberry tablet to keep mine at bay. The confusion could be the GA or equally the infection, she has been through a big thing...loads of hugs being sent her way...and yours and the family too
Jeez, that is a horror story isn't it TW, poor little animals
forgot to say...divvy trainer told me off last night, i reached over deags and grabbed her harness to put her lead on.. he yelled at me "don't you dare do that to her again"... the lady who was running the classes was stood there too and i just looked at him and went what? he sai don't ever snatch at her like that again i said i always reach over her to pop her lead on and she is fine, then she was jumping up so i told her down...he said no "off", i said nope, off is when she is sat on my sofa and i want her off, down is for jumping up and lay is to lay down...he was telling me he didn't like it and it was wrong... i just told him that i have trained all 4 of my dogs using those commands, all the family know what command does what and we are happy with it, i just looked at the lady running the classes and she said that she was my dog and i could use whatever word i wanted and if i chose to say bananas that was fine Lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yeah it is right about kidney infections Eileen, plus the effects of anaesthetic can go on for a while as it stays in the bloodstream longer than you'd think. Glad to hear she's doing well, and I'm sure she'll be home and running you ragged here there and everywhere. Just great she is turned the corner now.
Thanks TW.Its really strange,during the day and evening visits she seems fine.Its the middle of the night that's the problem.Can't remember anything about it the next day though.SIL is a nurse and she says some patients can go on like that for a week or two even,it settles eventually.Can't believe how well she did otherwise,has no pain and breezed through her op.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Eileen kidney infection is quite probably the culprit mum had a few of these in her later years and my word we thought she was losing her mind. Then the meds kicked in and she was back to her alert normal self.
Enjoy your evening off and wishing mum well soon.
I have seen ads for these before June. In Canada they are quite a popular breed not sure if mum in these cases is the lab or not. They are mainly bred or service dogs.
The mix of the temperament makes for a very good service dog apparently. Have also seen them advertised here but not for those reasons. Mostly advertised on sites we would not touch with a barge pole.
Oh griff what a pompous ass. The commands you have trained your dogs too are your business as long as there is no confusion to them about what's what where's the problem.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 05:54 PM
June can you remind what breed of puppy it is that comes from manchester. Hope you don't mind me asking. We have a freebie paper down here called Friday ad do you get it up there? Emmerdale coming on so will pop in later. Good to hear you are OK Eileen, I am sure your mum will be home soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-10-2015, 06:09 PM
The puppies were being sold as Northern Inuit, but I looked at what I shall loosely call 'paperwork' and 'pedigree' it said sire 'Siberian Husky' dam 'Timber Dog x Northern Inuit' so no actual names of the parents, just what they were. The puppy is very small and fine boned, very nervous and has virtually shut down although I was told she is a bit more responsive this week, I left her to walk around and ignore me and they were trying to force themselves on her, its so difficult to get people to understand that they must let the puppy come round in their own time and not push it otherwise things could get worse.
The Friday Advs is everywhere I think, the place they came from is Bala LL23
I can see it being a good mix for a service dog Lynn, but the thought of a labrador giving birth to puppies from a Bernese Mountain dog father, well....amazed they didn't lose her and the puppies, the other way round yes I can see it.
Griff, everyone trains their dogs to suit their specific needs, I use 'off' because I use 'down' for laying down, but I use 'close' when I want them next to me, as I use 'heel' for something different. I can't understand why you haven't hit him with your crutches actually
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2015, 06:13 PM
You guys are the best Sounds awful to say but good to hear your mum was the same LYNN and she recovered ok.I'm glad mum can't remember the things she's coming out with,she'd hate to be a bother to anyone
GRIFF,(( hugs)) on the way to you Card was really appreciated,after I got through explaining what Dogsey was( that took a while )
Thanks BRENDA
Oh kitchen will finally be finished on Thursday,worktop is going on Then the painters will be in Barbados anyone???
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »