Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2015, 05:26 PM

Sadness

For all of you that have loved and lost doglets it never goes away. I decided to throw paperwork and related stuff away today and came across a calendar dated 2008 with pics of my three collies, one of which I still have which is Tyto. I chucked it and have now retrieved it back from the bin. Cried buckets and am still blurry. So never be afraid to show that you care no matter how many years go by.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2015, 05:51 PM
I know that feeling I still cannot watch videos of Ollie we lost him in 2011 and I have a calendar of him also as a puppy it is tucked away till I can bear too look at it.
When we moved I came across it and briefly glanced at it and boxed it up.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2015, 08:18 PM
I know how you feel, when I come across photos of Diesel, (my cat) I still get very upset, I came across my photos when we sorted our bedroom.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Got loads of piccies of my horses and dogs,and after all these years it is still so painful for me to even think of them, never mind look at the piccies. Those days are gone forever and its hard to come to terms with the fact that you'll never stroke them,cuddle them or spend any time with them
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-10-2015, 11:46 PM
Please don't be sad Brenda. I know it sounds cliched but think of the good times, the joy, companionship, cuddles and the warmth that a close association with an animal can bring about. I hope that you, like me, believe that one day you wil see them all again. Till that happy day, chin up and try to not to dwell on their absence - more their wonderful memories, which you will always have and which no one can take away from you. Gordon.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2015, 12:14 AM
I have a picture on the shelf of Kashi. He passed on several years ago. Next to it is a picture of Levon who must have gotten Kashi's soul and spirit. Both fearless ginger tabbies and the pictures make me happy. But the logo for Kashi cereal makes me sad so I try to avoid it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2015, 01:24 AM
Ah yes. Don't be sad. I instantly deleted my previous dogs YouTube channel when he died. Greatly regret it because that was the only way I could see him active and happy again. Still look at his pics all the time. I'm not the crying type but I do still miss the old dude sometimes.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2015, 04:57 AM
Thank you everyone. Sorry if I upset anyone. Gordon thank you but it set me off again. Easily sad at this time of year so many memories. We all have them I know but this is a good place to air them as you are all so understanding. Although I still see Sara my daughter she moved into her own place 4 years ago this month and I do miss her to talk to. So talking to all of you is lovely. Thanks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2015, 08:19 AM
Hugs Brenda. We have all been in that place. I agree with Gordon. I have lost so many animals but now I can at least smile and laugh at the time spent with them and would not have missed it for the world.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
For all of you that have loved and lost doglets it never goes away. I decided to throw paperwork and related stuff away today and came across a calendar dated 2008 with pics of my three collies, one of which I still have which is Tyto. I chucked it and have now retrieved it back from the bin. Cried buckets and am still blurry. So never be afraid to show that you care no matter how many years go by.
Hi Brenda, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday, as others have said the great thing about this forum is that we all love our dogs and understand your sadness, it doesn't matter how long ago it was.

I still remember our first Labrador (Ria) especially when I pick up one of the screwdrivers which she liked to chew, the teeth marks are still embedded in the handle. In fact there are three and I keep them in a special tool box which I only use occassionaly because I don't want to loose them.