register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 05:52 PM
Been lovely here though hasn't it LG, despite the lack of sun, sea and sand. I'm sure you sat and ate your bread and cheese at lunchtime, together with a flask of cold tea, and counted your blessings
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 06:11 PM
No more Corrie till Wednesday.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Yeah Lynn, mum has just said that...must be a match on
LG, i agree...i could pass as human but it is very debatable, my neighbours brother came over from canada and he said OMG, do you have a punk living next door??? she sai oh no...that's just kel Lol
TW, i got a bag from wilko the other day, it is nylon and rolls up and clips together very goo value, taking a bit of getting used to this carrying a bag with you Lol
we have always used strong bags for shopping and when our shopping comes online we just lob everything into bags in the porch and carry it through
Popster, sounds like you had a nice day
had some lush potato skins for dinner, cheese and jalepeno...yum yum
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks Griff, yes it's been a good day not counting the two hour drive to get here which normally takes one and a half hours.

I have supermarket bags for life in my car but tend to forget to take them with me when I go in. The other thing is I went to Sainsburys the other day and only had a Tesco bag in my car! I shall have to get a neutral shopping bag! Or.... Just fling everything loose in the trolley and take that to the car.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Ha, just read in the paper a shopper (tesco) was chased by a security guard because she tried to take a basket out to her car. So remember NO loose shopping in baskets. Now trolleys are a different matter because where I shop you have to release the trolley with your £1 or I have a keyring coin ensuring you return the trolley. So I shall have to use a trolley for my five apples and two bananas!
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Have just seen this in the Friday Book Review section of The Mail:

Spill, Simmer, Falter, Wither by Sarah Baume.

Here is the blurb:

"A misfit man finds a misfit dog. Ray, aged 57 'too old for starting over, too young for giving up' and One-Eye, a vicious little ******, smaller than expected, a good ratter. Both are accustomed to being alone, unloved, outcast - but they quickly find in each other a strange companionship of sorts. As Spring turns to Summer, their relationship grows and intensifies until a savage act forces them to abandon the precarious life they'd established and take to the road.

Sounds promising to me. A debut novel but already up for an award.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Sounds like it could be a good read Popster
i have had stand up to cancer on....giggled quite a bit, got ncis new Orleans on now
my neighbour might nip round at some point this weekend, she is back after her first 2weeks at university training to be a vet....1st week was just mingling but last week was the start of her course
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Popster View Post
Sounds promising to me. A debut novel but already up for an award.
Thanks Popster, I'm thinking about books for Christmas (Sorry to mention it now but it's the only time I buy books )
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Before buying it - I'd have to read the last couple of pages to make sure it didn't have an unhappy ending. Will call into Waterstone's and check it out.
Certainly sounds spot on!
Don't do miserable endings - I know it sounds daft, but can't get them out of my head afterwards! If it was about people, couldn't care less but animals are a different matter.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 10:58 PM
Awwww LG ya big softy .....i am the same can't even watch nature programs me and food programs where they slaughter animals....no thankyou muchly!
Hi Losos, ask Santa nicely and he might be able to get it for you
no idea what's going on in my road but there's loads of banging and crashing...wonder if the gas/electric are digging up the road
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5