Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Hi all
I've nipped to Tesco with my friend, ( don't tell Mr Sainsbury that I've shopped with the opposition ) I only wanted bread & butter but couldn't resist the fresh tiger roll yum.
My aunty made us some ferro Roche & Nutella cupcakes oh my they yummy I had one with a cuppa after a ham & tiger roll cob for dinner.

Sue, oh my that parcel saga is ridiculous.
Griff yes I'm happy with the decision, if it holds off going under the knife a while longer.
Glad you enjoyed the walk with Dillon, and I'm even more glad that the boiler saga is finally sorted.
Will have a read at that link TW
Right kettle time
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Shall I put it up in Dog Health I wonder, it is very relevant and lots of people are very unsure as to what to do, and there is so very much pressure from vets (with one eye on the profits rather than the long term health issues I suspect) to have it done by 6 months. I had Cariad neutered just over 2 years ago and she was just 7, it was a medical issue as she had had a womb infection and I was concerned about pyo, but I would never do it again, despite the fact she was not young, its had a devastating effect on her, her tail lost most of its hair and she has put on far too much weight.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Glad you had a nice walk June.
Awww Mandy and everyone so glad you are pleased with the new boiler too. I expect you were secretly dreading my latest boiler sagas.

All registered for guarantee as are my fridge freezer. Need to chat to Gorden but Hotpoint are offering for £2.25 a month over 20 months that all call out charges if needed will be covered. It is now covered for free parts for 10 years. The £2.25 over 20 months seems a good deal as the call out charges are over £100.

Also just sat and written a letter a friend its nice to have the time and feel relaxed enough to sit and write a letter haven't done that in a while.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Back from the hairdressers...i look sort of human again Lol
Flippin boiling out there.....lloooooooooove it long may it last (i can dream can't i?) picked up some blankets for the rescue dogs...as it is getting colder now a request has been sent out, ikea do some fleece ones for £1.75 so picked up a few of those, they aren't brilliant but they can put a few in with one dog if needs be
all of my dogs have been done early...each to their own i guess, never had problems with weight or coats...if i could get myself speyed i would do Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
I have a Dorset apple cake in the oven anyone want a piece later ?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Oo yes please to apple cake. June I don't have my doglets neutered unless really necessary. Changes their personality and their coat. But each to their own if they think they want it done. Just hope that more people let the dog mature first before deciding. Have a good evening peeps. Too much rugby so have recorded a film to watch later. Isn't doctors and neighbours getting ridiculous. tt.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 03:09 PM
mmm yes please. My shopping today cost a fortune, I seem to have needed to get everything under the sun. Have had to buy a couple of bags for life from Asda as didn't have enough, and one of them split as I was walking into the house I was in Home Bargains and bought a couple of bags for life from them, and one of them actually split as I picked it up to put it in the trolley, then they argued the toss with me, stood my ground and got a fresh bag and my money refunded. I thought the bags for life were exchanged for a new one when they broke, the Asda one will be going back believe you me The free bags were stronger!!!
My bargain today was 2 venison steaks for £3 in the reduced section and chicken wings for £1.50, son will be coming for tea I think and girls will enjoy chicken wings, they've gone so dear I've more or less stopped buying them
I'm not against neutering, I'm against it being done before they've grown up,Brenda. Always was, I just felt it wasn't right, and sure enough there's a lot of evidence out there now to support my instincts. I was coming back into the village and saw the guy with the failed guide dog, it looks very depressed to me.First time I saw it its head was up and it was walking nicely, looked a bit confused, but it would be, today its heads down and its walking along like its 90
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Watching the first series of Only fools and horses. So funny.
70's music going on as they are in a club. Got to share this Rodney is asked by a pretty young girl do you prefer astro turf or grass they were discussing tennis.
Rodney I don't know I have never smoked astro turf. As I thought a bad outcome with Boysey's e-type jag. The guy they sold the car too with dodgy brakes just rear ended them.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Good day everyone - June excellent link for the spaying thing - my sentiments exactly, I am in full agreement with everything that is said therein.
Griff - The "I look sort of human again" comment! We've only got your word for that! lol !
Brenda - with regards to Fell Terriers you are quite right that they are a type and not a breed (same as lurchers) but the type of Black Fell that I have has bred true to type for over 150 years, my bitch can go back 10 generations and I have seen the last three generations of her family and they are as alike as peas in a pod. They are the most determined killers of vermin that can be imagined and were used as the original stock for patterdales (which were formed by an outcross to Staffy) some 90 or so years ago.
Bred to both run with the hounds in the Lakeland packs and then to go to ground once the fox has been forced to take refuge. They are bred to kill foxes where they are as opposed to bolt them for the foxhounds, the idea being the eradication of the fox as opposed to any "sporting" excuse.
They have endless stamina and do not make good pets - unless you are willing to give them huge amounts of exercise. My bitch is out with me most of the day and hunts continually, from the moment the door opens until we come back inside, when the lurchers are absolutely tired out she is still full of beans and raring to go. Also because of their breeding - where only the best and hardest dogs were bred from and purely for their working ability, they will tackle just about anything.
I would imagine that the majority of terriers you come across in class are a long way away from their working roots - even though many of them lay claim to still being useful in that area. It is chalk and cheese really.
Well enough boring people to tears - I'm off out again - bye fer now. G.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Brenda - I see from your latest post that you think there is too much rugby on TV. Once again we disagree - I don't think there's enough! lol !
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >