Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2015, 05:37 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone up at the crack of dawn again. New windows in the two bedrooms today and a new front door. Had a few jobs to do.
Plus an oil delivery I bet they all turn up at once and I will be running about like a headless chicken.
I will be glad now when all these jobs are done. Not long hopefully couple of bits on the boiler when the part arrives and a new fuse board and shower to be wired in when fitted then the rest can be done by us. Can't wait for that.
The work on the jetty doesn't involve the house thank goodness.

Hope everyone is feeling well today and that rugby enthusiasts are not disappointed with results and that toothaches and ear aches are feeling better.
Have a good Friday everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2015, 06:08 AM
Morning Lynn and all to follow. Yes, earaches gone thankfully. Amber asking to go for her walk. She doesn't want to adjust to daylight hours. As soon as I am up and fed her she expects her walk straight away.

Oh well better go I suppose, have a good day all, hope the work all goes satisfactorily Lynn. God bless all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Morning all,
hope the fitting goes o.k today Lynn.
Moyra, pleased to hear the ear ache has gone
need to get sorted out, got an emergency appt with the dr, problem is my Dr is off......hope he doesn't panic like the other one did
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Good morning Dogsey
Glad your ear is better today Moyra and I hope all the jobs get done satisfactorily Lynn.
Pepsi is moaning because Brian is taking a neighbour to the hospital so she has to wait for her walk
See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Morning Moyra,griff and Nippy Jen.

Enjoy your walk Moyra and pleased the ear ache has gone.
Good luck at the Docs griff.
Awww poor Pepsi. Hope its nothing serious with your neighbour Nippy Jen.

Window people here lots of banging going on Dillon is staying close to me. Waiting for oil delivery now at least they didn't turn up together.
Workmen been instructed about the dog middle door needs to be shut so please knock although I must say I do find the workmen we have had so far do.
If you need the toilet upstairs please do notput paper down it. What an embarrassing thing thing to have to say.

I think I am going to be stressed and have a head ache by the end of the day and they have left.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Griff, hope its not too bad today and also hoping you are OK in yourself.
Lynn, that is an embarrassing thing to say, you'd think we were in a 3rd world country wouldn't you. Once its all done you can sit in your nice warm house and watch the world go by, all thats got to be done then is something about the wagons going past, always something isn't there.
Poor Pepsi, how dreadful her life is, she'll be ringing Pepsiline to complain and have them over. Hope you're feeling OK today Nippy, and how nice is Brian taking your neighbour to hospital.
Phone has been busy the last few days, last night was ridiculous, finally got off the phone at gone 11pm. I have realised that it is because there's usually a litter around this time of year, but of course they've been and gone already Very sadly there is no one that is ethical with a litter of true Utonagan at present. I've definitely got my feet up at the moment
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Morning June. I was able to tell them we have a proper toilet downstairs if needed. Best if they don't and use the upstairs one as Dillon and I are tucked up safely.
Managed to get him out for a short stroll after the oil was delivered. Trying not to look at the guy wobbling on the ladder while getting the upstairs window out.
Had an incident with coffee granules all over the kitchen floor while making them their 2nd cuppa.

Hope the phone isn't as busy today June. Enjoy the feet up time.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Lynn, pleased things seem to be going o.k with the fitters...the not being able to put loo roll down the toilet reminds me of being on holiday in greece
Nippy,poor ikkle Pepsi having to wait for her walk.... nice of Brian to help your neighbour out
TW, hope the phonecalls settle down soon
Been to the drs....i feel like a big waste of time, i have been told it is fine for me to cough up green stuff?? basically if i am still like it on monday/tuesday then they will consider antibiotics for me, took my temperature and asked if i felt hot... yes i did, then commented that i was well wrapped up (jacket, hoody and tshirt), temp came back as 36 first time and he said ooo that's low, i said it is usually 35 max, took it again and i was told it was fine at 37 errrrr that means it is 2 degrees higher than my regular temp then, so basically i have been sent on my way with no treatment and to go back again next week if i don't feel right... the consultants and my regular gp stamp on any sign of an infection immediately so i don't end up too badly off. Seeing my usual gp tuesday to discuss last weeks hospital appointment and the change in my treatment so she will recheck me...if i end up any worse off god help him... i will have his flippin skin!! from one extreme to the other, one insists i have to go to hospital for a sore throat and the other seems to think it is fine to leave me coughing up stuff.... i don't get it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Oh dear griff case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Just made the men their 3rd cuppa they are coming on leaps and bounds but like the first window fitted and 300 year old cottages chopping of walls has to be done.
They are then telling me they have to be off this job at 2.30 due to the office booking them in for a fitting of roofing sheets today as well.
They are not happy its happening a bit too often putting them under pressure. He says some weeks they are inundated and another week no work you think the office would sort their timing a bit better for them.
Greed from the bosses I suppose.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Oooo i would be furious if i was those workmen Lynn, i am a firm believer in people trying out other jobs in companies....helps stop stuff like that happening if the people booking work actually see the effect tight timings can have. They will stay and finish your job first though ....won't they?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >