Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Luz
:smt035 One album I can recommend everyone with any taste is Keane's Hopes & Fears. I absolutly love it.
I put it on at bedtime when barney is curled up in bed with me and sing to him, I think when he has gone I will cry everytime I hear the songs as they I can relate them to what we are going through.
Can totally understand what you mean. Used to listen to the Corrs album Talk on Corners when Bonnie was close to the end, took me ages before I could listen to it again. Another song I listened to before the vet arrived on the day was by U2 - The Sweetest Thing. Still can't listen to that without shedding a tear!

But these things we come to treasure as I've found over the years. Pain really does heal with time!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks Em thought I was going mad nobody related to my thoughts on listening to Hopes & Fears album but you knew exactly what I meant. Do you hear what I say when listening to the album, or am I being too intense?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Het
and Robbie Williams- Feel

Oh yes I like that one Het
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Luz
Thanks Em thought I was going mad nobody related to my thoughts on listening to Hopes & Fears album but you knew exactly what I meant. Do you hear what I say when listening to the album, or am I being too intense?

Awww Luz I know how you are feeling about Barney I was the same about my Sabre and used to listen to a Maroon 5 song and was convinced it was about him after he was put to sleep, it nearly made me cry everytime I had it on. I know what you are going through now with Barney, I can almost feel the pain because I felt it last year. Its like a pain in your chest and you feel that if you cry that you will cry for ever and ever, I know what its like, it really really hurts. My Sabre was everything to me and to lose him so suddenly like I did nearly killed me, I still can't believe he has gone, I love him so much
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww Luz I know how you are feeling about Barney I was the same about my Sabre and used to listen to a Maroon 5 song and was convinced it was about him after he was put to sleep, it nearly made me cry everytime I had it on. I know what you are going through now with Barney, I can almost feel the pain because I felt it last year. Its like a pain in your chest and you feel that if you cry that you will cry for ever and ever, I know what its like, it really really hurts. My Sabre was everything to me and to lose him so suddenly like I did nearly killed me, I still can't believe he has gone, I love him so much
Thats it, totally the way you described. I cry at everything these days. If someone was to come up to me and say BOO! I would cry. It's like being a child again. Barney is so frail now, no muscle, no fat, just bone & fur. Very deaf and going senile I think too. But then we always say we are like our dogs!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Luz
Totally understand what you mean, songs really take on what you're experiencing at the time. The Keane album is very emotional and it even gets me going at the best of times so you're not alone. I'm sure you'll come to treasure that album the same way I have the Corrs one, it'll just take time.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Maybe I'm in denial tonight cant go to bed so dont want to put our cd on. He has been very weird today. He wants to shake his head like dogs do but it seems he is frightened to do it with effort? Does that make sense?
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by eRaze
What are the most emotional tunes you know?

Sometimes I like to listen to really powerful emotional stuff as it keeps my 'balance' in check

Whether its sad songs or emotional music, let us know yours
Annie Lennox - Why
Gary Jules - mad world
Red hot chille peppers - Under the bridge
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 09:57 AM
I also love listening the The Titanic theme music there are 2 cd's very heart capturing.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 11:56 AM
I have an album by Seal, it takes me back to a night in Menorca, it was a great holiday and it was over, we were travelling back across the island to the airport and somebody gave this album to the driver to play. It was about 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and the coach was dark, we were all half asleep and we were whizzing across the island, going through towns and villages that were asleep as well. The coach windows were open because it was so hot. I just need to hear any of the songs off this album and i am back in that coach on that night. It is so weird how music can do that, wouldn't it be great to be able to put together the soundtrack of your life.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >