View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:20 PM

Tanya sooo tired ,she is never this quite .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Awwww, you all need to snuggle up together and sleeeeeeep! Are you picking up some ab's for your other dog tomorrow as well, or taking it in for the vet to check him/her over? This is exactly what happens in this house, if one gets something, then so does the other, I have a double whammy of it everytime! Thankfully, the old boy, even though he has no immune system left, he's old and got cushings, he didn't even need the vet, he got over his in 24 hours and it wasn't nearly as bad as my youngster. I can't wait to get my result of that poo sample, I'm getting quite excited about phoning them tomorrow, just to see if my suspiscions were right, coz mine had yellow diarrhea, undigested food in it and I suspect giardia, so I'll wait and see. Don't worry, yours hasn't got that, yours has just got a nasty bug of some sort! All the best for a nice, quiet night at yours.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Awwwwwww, yes, let her sleep, don't disturb her, it's the best thing for her, let the body heal, and let her be painfree asleep. Poor, poor girl. Is she a shepherd too???
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
She is a shepherd cross ,she is 6 year old and has other health problems aswell like a grade 2 heart murmur and very bad skin .
Vet wants her down at surgery tomorrow morning ,she has a senstive tummy aswell and has allergies ,last time she got a bug we had to call the emergancy vet out cause she was been sick soo much she was fecthing blood up aswell , at the moment she only has the runs and she is very warm.
both my dogs are rescue ,but tanya was 6 months old when i got her from the kennel she had been beat up badly and locked in a shed for 6 months of her life , where as lady was 3 week old when we got her from the kennel ,she is now 8 year.
My mum has a old english sheepdog ,and we reallykeeping our fingers crossed that he doesnt get it
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
I am so sorry for all three of you
I really wish I could help, hopefully tomorow everyone will be starting to feel a little better
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Quick update

Tanya has been outside several times each time really bad bowels, she wont stop crying
Lady has been sick 4 times and has had a small amount of bad poo , its soo hard watching them like this ,i feel so helpless and there nothing i can do
both of them are crying and i feel like crying too
ste
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Awww bless you all, sending you all good vibes, that Tanya and Lady get better quickly...... keep your strength up, they need you to be strong! Hugs, and licks from my gang
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Mornirng guys
Another bad night ,not much sleep
lady with her sickness and tanya with her bad poo , tanya going to vets in an hour ,got the 2 poo samples but we not going to know if it is Campylobacter for 3 or 4 days
They are soo unwell this morning
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Hello to everyone ,
I really really need some advice at the moment ,i cant watch her in pain for much longer without trying something Its horrible watching her in pain.
Lady cant have her painkillers and she has hip displaysea in her left hip she is getting really sore ,and is skipping on her back leg ,the vet says he cant give painkillers and i really need some advice
Would your vet be happy giving her a Cartrophen injection? The dog needs to be off Metacam for a few days before they can be given but this might be better as it's injected straight into the affected area, rather than administered orally. My GSD with hip dysplasia had it done and it definately seemed to help short-term.
Devil's Claw really seemed to help her too but that's oral. Might be a bit gentler on the tummy though? Probably worth discussing with the vet. I ditto the magnetic collars, I've seen them used and making a difference to the dog. The Bioflow ones are expensive but I think there's a couple of cheaper brands that are meant to be good still.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear there's no great improvement this morning with either of them, so good luck at the vets, let's hope he can sort out some pain meds for Lady and help clear up the diarrhea in your other girlie. It's so awful seeing them like this, but I have to say, when my girl had a bug recently, she was fine in herself, she didn't show any signs of pain, just that she had the diarrhea and didn't want to eat much good luck anyway, will be thinking about you at the vets.
Page 7 of 29 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »