Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Edited to add: Here I am in me jim jams, with the pockets stuffed full with rubber gloves, a tube of fuciderm, a jar of vaseline and a thermometer, what am I like!!! That's for catching her on the hop you see when she's gone quiet and lying down, coz the minute I get up to collect anything she's off again! The things I do for these dogs, it's not normal is it!!!!!!!

oh boy if anyone was to knock on your door now!!

it is normal helen, you love your doglets and you do all you can for them. that makes you totally normal in my eyes!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Things have gone downhill again, she's not comfortable, maybe it's the scrambled egg going through her She's turned her nose up at another bit of scrambled egg, she's in her bed looking very miserable again, but this time curled up in a ball and I really hate that! If things don't improve I might well be heading for the vets tonight, but I'll just have to monitor things. I really want to take that temperature again, but then I don't want to disturb her really. What a blooming dilema I've got here haven't I. I'm sleeping downstairs so I can keep a very strict eye on her and that's really all I can do isn't it.

Lol at you Claire, I never thought of that!!! xxxx
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm sorry, Helena. I hope things improve. I really feel for you, it is so horrible when they are ill. At least she has eaten a bit. Thinking of you, hope your girlie keeps improving. xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks annajayne. Temperature is 39.1c which is pretty normal I think?! Still quiet, but I'm going to get another dose of that gunk into her now out of the syringe, and then I'm going to bed and hopefully she will settle better. Let's hope I wake up in the morning then xxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry to read this, Aitch. Sending loads of healing vibes to your special little girlie........

x0x0x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry to hear this Aitch. Hope she improves soon. Gentle hugs from us and wags nd licks from Cassie. xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 08:56 PM
H If I were you I would withold all food for at least 12 hrs if not longer to give her tummy a chance to empty and then settle. As long as she has fluid going into her and doesn't become dehydrated she will come through it ok.
Poor girlie is really going through the mill isn't she and so are you. I really hope she makes a quick turnaround for you and then worries you because she is so full of life you have trouble keeping her calm.

Here I am in me jim jams, with the pockets stuffed full with rubber gloves, a tube of fuciderm, a jar of vaseline and a thermometer, what am I like!!! That's for catching her on the hop you see when she's gone quiet and lying down, coz the minute I get up to collect anything she's off again! The things I do for these dogs, it's not normal is it!!!!!!!
I don't suppose Dave has his camera handy does he?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Hope she has a quiet night and is looking better tomorrow, I will log in as soon as I can to check, more healig vibes from me too
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Aww Bless her *Hugs*

I hope Zena is feeling better very soon x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I would definately withold food for 12/24hrs.
I know its so tempting to just want them to eat something, but their stomach and digestive system needs time to settle.
As long as she is taking in fluids that is the main thing.
I would think it is a bug she picked up, and just happens to be the same time she has had an op but is not linked to the surgery but more to the fact she was in the vets.
Page 5 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »