View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Pooe boy and of course you guys xxxxx I hope he is much better really soon xxxx Thinking of him with healing thoughts xxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I hope the meds start to kick in tomorrow for Ben and so it puts your mind at rest too.
You must be so worried.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 06:39 PM
I hope that Ben shows some improvement soon, we will be thinking of you x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2009, 08:48 PM
It sounds extremely stressful for you hun. Keep getting those fluids into him. I found using a syringe to squirt it straight into his mouth was quite easy. You can get them from a chemists I think.

Hope you manage to get some sleep.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 05:38 AM
My poor boy is worse again - even OH says so. Ben had mssed in his bed but couldn'tget out of it so was desperately trying to push the poo off his bed with his nose

Checked he was still interested in food by giving him the tiniest bit of cheeses imaginable (in case vets need to do anything)

I look like sh** butno tears here yet today! Hoping my vets is open at 8am, have been across and there is no sign on window to say they are shut. I am unsure whatto do get OH to be there with Ben when it opens at 8 and hope they will see us or go across without Ben in case they aren't open. Don't want to phone in case they just palm us off and say they will give us appt this aft.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh hun I am so sorry that Ben is not any better. I hope your vets is open but being a bank holiday it may have to be the emergency vet for your area.
Perhaps they need to do some x-rays to see if that shows what is going on with the poor lad.
Seems strange this has come on yet you were with him, I think I am right in saying, all that day and he didn't do anything to injure himself that you noticed. Mind you it takes one slip in the garden to do damage if they are running around, which may not manifest itself for a few hours.
Does sound like some sort of nerve damage, but I think x-rays to rule out anything else would be what I would ask for.
Sending you some more (((hugs))) as I know you must be beside yourself with worry and lots of positive (((vibes))) for Ben.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Oh hun I am so sorry that Ben is not any better. I hope your vets is open but being a bank holiday it may have to be the emergency vet for your area.
Perhaps they need to do some x-rays to see if that shows what is going on with the poor lad.
Seems strange this has come on yet you were with him, I think I am right in saying, all that day and he didn't do anything to injure himself that you noticed. Mind you it takes one slip in the garden to do damage if they are running around, which may not manifest itself for a few hours.
Does sound like some sort of nerve damage, but I think x-rays to rule out anything else would be what I would ask for.
Sending you some more (((hugs))) as I know you must be beside yourself with worry and lots of positive (((vibes))) for Ben.
Thanks Madmare - yes Ben was never on his own and was never out of site all the day it started or the day before. It is justreally odd and very worrying. He didnt play rough nor leap off sofa, he wasnt even in car so cant have been an awkward breakk we werent aware of.

I was so unhappy last night that we phoned the emergency number of a vet that isn't ours and they were very good - they are open today and said they have an orthpaedic vet who would see hiom today but suggested we try our own vet first and ask to be referred as this guy takes referrals from the other vets in Dundee (A Stuart Ainsworth apparently he is good and very skilled) I guess going to own vets first will maybe be to do with Insurance as that will be the vet named on the insurance policy. I don't know how all that works
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:20 AM
An orthpaedic vet would be very good to see, if your own vet is not open then just go along there, your insurance should pay no problem then as they are the emergency vet to cover you.
I have you all in my thoughts and keep checking back during the day to see how things are. I so feel for you as I know what a worrier I am over the silliest thing in mine, so goodness knows how I would be in your situation.
Thank heavens for insurance though thats what I always say, as at least we can go ahead and get the best treatments for our babies with no worry.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:36 AM
Sorry to hear he's no better Lynne.
Ring yours vets and see whether they are open, if not see the emergency vet tell them you want to be seen straight away.
Your Insurance policy should cover any costs re emergencies.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry to hear he's no better Lynne.
Ring yours vets and see whether they are open, if not see the emergency vet tell them you want to be seen straight away.
Your Insurance policy should cover any costs re emergencies.
Our vets dont open till 8 or maybe its 8.30, and the 2nd emergency vet said he was open at 8.30. So just waiting for time to pass just now - watched kettle and all that.

OH and ben in the bedroom at the mo, he seems settled so am guessing that means he cant be in too much pain. Or at least am hoping.
Page 7 of 50 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »