Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:25 AM

Help Needed Please

It’s my golden wedding anniversary next year and I am wondering what I can do to celebrate. If it were in the summer that would be easy as we could have a BBQ in the field, everyone could cook there own from a selection of meats and fish and I could prepare the meat, salad and bread before hand……..but it is in November, now why did I not consider this 50 years ago.

So what do I do, a commercial building is impersonal and expensive, and the bungalow is not big enough, thought about a firework party but that seems like it will be expensive too and would require a marquee as the weather may be wet and or very cold, so I would like ideas please. We have very few family but a largish number of friends and neighbours.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 11:30 AM
something a friend of our sis doing for their wedding anniversary, a barn dance with a caller and everything, fancy some line dancing jackie?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 11:34 AM
buy a ticket to the bahamas and have a nice holiday just the two of you forget the party
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2005, 11:36 AM
There are a lot of beautiful old barns for hire around here not sure about your area, lots of people hire them and have a ceiledh and pig roast.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 12:13 PM
oh yes do line dancing
i used to teach it,it is so much fun and everyone would enjoy it
BorderCollieLvr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Have a winter BBQ lol, Could you use a mates house or hiring a barn seems like fun. Hope you manage to think of something and have a brilliant time what ever you do!!