View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I've deleted my post just incase anyone hasn't watched x factor yet (I put the result on). Sorry.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
what happened to joe last year?
as i recall he got to number 1?

what have syco done to him this year?
seems to me he has done exactly what ones expects a x factor winner to do - have a short career?
Sorry I don't want to explain myself, I shouldn't have mentioned it. We all have the right to vote for who we want to. Sorry to have upset you.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Sorry I don't want to explain myself, I shouldn't have mentioned it. We all have the right to vote for who we want to. Sorry to have upset you.
who said i was upset?

when did i say you dont have the right to vote for your choice?

doesnt bother me if you vote for wagner, i just didnt understand your post.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
haha, yeah im sure it wasnt fixed at all lets face it, none of us know for definite who got the least votes... and i do not believe for one minute, that someone who has been in the bottom 2 four times beat Aiden (one of the faves!) in the public vote. I do not buy it, as far as i am concerned it is a fix and there are trying to keep Katie in to get their moneys worth!
They CANNOT fix it because at the end of each series they have to release the voting figures so unless someone at the x factor sits and dials out more calls to save Katie then it cannot be fixed.

Do a google search for previous years voting figures, it's quite interesting to see
how close it can be some years.

ETA - http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/_uploads..._votestats.pdf
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
They CANNOT fix it because at the end of each series they have to release the voting figures so unless someone at the x factor sits and dials out more calls to save Katie then it cannot be fixed.

Do a google search for previous years voting figures, it's quite interesting to see
how close it can be some years.

ETA - http://xfactor.itv.com/2009/_uploads..._votestats.pdf
The voting figures are actually quite interesting, will be interested to see this years. I really like Rebecca and Matt although wasn't overly impressed with anybody on Saturday tbh.

Dee
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2010, 02:00 PM
When it comes to being successful I think getting into the top ten line up can be just as important as actually winning first place.

I know a few who made it to number one have gone on to be international performing artists, but some sank without a trace while others who came lower down the voting order were given recording contracts or went on to work in other branches of the music industry.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2010, 01:57 PM
I found that interesting looking at the voting figures for last year, I never realized they published them!

Even though they don't 'fix' it as such, I believe as it is Simon Cowells baby, he definitely influences judging decisions. I read recently that when the last two contestants are revealed by Dermot, the judges discuss voting tactics during the commercial break before they sing their final songs. I don't know of course if it is true, but I could see it happening.

Another thing I have read is that Simon gets to know which contestants are getting the most votes, but the rest of the judges don't - again, you could see how he could try and sway the judges to keep in the people who are popular with the voting public
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Well I'm in shock I love Radiohead even have a tattoo of the little black people on ok computer I thought As I can't stand Wagner that I would hate his version...........it wasn't too bad Good god I didn't think that pear cider I just had was that strong !!! I notice he didn't try any of the difficult parts of the song though that would have been dire. Louie doesn't know the lyrics either it is weirdo
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-11-2010, 08:14 PM
It was the lyrics that suited him..lol
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
It was the lyrics that suited him..lol
To right!