Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mindy1984
New Member!
Female 

16-09-2010, 07:07 PM

Puppy loves daddy long legs

My puppy keeps eating daddy long legs when he goes out for the toilet. I do my best to stop him, distract him, or remove them from his mouth when he gets them. However he is getting very good at it and I am worried about how it will affect his tummy.
katandcolin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by mindy1984 View Post
My puppy keeps eating daddy long legs when he goes out for the toilet. I do my best to stop him, distract him, or remove them from his mouth when he gets them. However he is getting very good at it and I am worried about how it will affect his tummy.
I know what youre going through, my puppy will pick up anything and everything!
Ive just googled it... and everyone says NOT TO WORRY

xxx
mindy1984
New Member!
Female 

16-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks, I did google it but didn't find anything useful, don't know what I used as the search term then!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Meg was awful for chasing them when she was little,the going to the toilet went out the window,chasing daddy long legs was far more exciting
She still does it now at 4 years old,I don't think it's anything to worry about.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2010, 06:45 AM
My dogs just watch them & blat them on the floor if they come too close, but having sniffed the squashed remains, they've never been tempted to eat them.

But the cats ~ well the daddy long-legs season is just the best time of the year. We've had various mutilated parts brought into the house, but the disappointment on the cats' faces when these wriggly insects fail to wriggle after being crunched in the cats' mouths, is just so obvious! So they just go out & get another one .

I don't think they'll do any harm to puppies though.