Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 02:56 PM

Ear Cropping

Ok im not trying to annoy or upset anyone here , but i was just wondering what ppl think of it as a whole so to speak , do you like or dislike it , and would you prefer to have your dogs ears cropped , xxdk
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't like it personally, as I don't think it compliments any breed at all, and I think it's unecesary.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Absolutley not, it's purely a cosmetic procedure with no benefit for the dog.
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I personally dont like it , as i think it makes a dog look fearce , for instance i saw a dobbie with its ears cropped and instantly thought it looked fearce , xxdk
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
I like the look of it on some of the European boxers, it gives their head a great look but its something I would never do to mine if it was legal here. I can't imagine putting a young pup under for cosmetic surgery.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:18 PM
i have to agree with carole on this one,i do like the look on some dogs,and yep dk does make them look fearce,(oops speling)but i certainly wouldnt put my dogs through it xx zbx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I like the look of it on some of the European boxers, it gives their head a great look but its something I would never do to mine if it was legal here. I can't imagine putting a young pup under for cosmetic surgery.
I have seen some boxers , with it done , and yes some do look good , but i would like you not have my dogs cosmetically operated on xxdk
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Absolutley not, it's purely a cosmetic procedure with no benefit for the dog.
Becky
Like clipping! :smt002

I voted yes. I like to see dogs ears cropped, however I wouldnt have it done to a litter I had bred, as it doesnt mean that much to me that I would put a pup through a GA just because of it. (Mind you, at 12wks I could have them neutered at the same time!! )

If I had the choice of buying from an equally well bred/raised litter that was cropped and one that was not, Id opt for the cropped litter, as purely and simply, I like the way it looks.
Dawn.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:35 PM
loved your comment on clipping Dawn ,and must say i loved the way you put it getting spayed at same time lol , it was so crafty and norty of you , but must admit i L,M,A,O hun xdk
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2007, 03:37 PM
When you look at the American dobes which have had their ears cropped you will clearly see that it does bring there heads into proportion, so improves their overal looks, but that said it should never be done on any dog over 2 days old.
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »