Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hi

Yes the first thing I tell people about Staffs is "if you are right for the breed you will never consider changing but if you are wrong your new addition won't last the year. They are great dogs but not for everyone and everyone is not right for Staffs"

Catch 22

But I am pleased they aren't a breed for everyone because unless you are willing to put in the time energy and effort you are not worthy of my breed - whoever you are.

And they are great family dogs but not suitable for every family.
They are lovely dogs but some people think they are ugly - I know its unbelievable but its true.

Now you've had chance to digest that information I will say to me they are the perfect breed. But I am willing to take the rough with the smooth. And I have never met anyone who is "out and out Staffie hater" in fact most people stand in the park and say things like "I can't stand Staffies, can you they are nasty?" when I point out there dog is at that moment playing with a Staff mine they normally say "apart from yours or something similar" or one lady still to this day refuses to believe my two are Staffs To her they are the "nice little black dogs"

Karen

kazz thats the best post in this thread! this hould never hae been a debate imo thou
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
kazz thats the best post in this thread! this hould never hae been a debate imo thou
Oh i don't know to debate a point means to me; To offer up views and opinions and thats what Tuti was asking for as a non Staffie owner from people like us who own and love the breed and other people (sad diluded people ) who don't own Staffs.

And every one's opinons Staffie owners or not is different; because all our dogs like us are individual. What your dog takes in his stride mine freaks out about etc etc etc.

You can't say someone should not post in a particular section because everyone's idea of a debate is not the same as ours.
And I mean if we hadn't asked question we wouldn't know Staffs are the best would we???????? But shush don't tell everyone.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Well there's a few SBT's around here, complete with 10 tonne's of spiked Collars and harness that the skinhead owner puts on it, obviously to make it look 'ard. BUT I've never had any of them round here, In fact 90% of the dog attacks on my two have been Border Collies Two BC's were running loose in the field and Jack was minding his own business but obviously got to close to them and they didnt like it so they joined together and saw him off (even though he was just sniffing round) teeth snapping and got stuck into him, he defended himself, but I intervened and had words with the boofhead owner But I'm getting off track.

I always take the dog on face value as all dogs have teeth and can bite. I like staffies and think they are sweet, but I won't have one purely because it's a personal preference, I prefer retrievers.
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Oh i don't know to debate a point means to me; To offer up views and opinions and thats what Tuti was asking for as a non Staffie owner from people like us who own and love the breed and other people (sad diluded people ) who don't own Staffs.

And every one's opinons Staffie owners or not is different; because all our dogs like us are individual. What your dog takes in his stride mine freaks out about etc etc etc.

You can't say someone should not post in a particular section because everyone's idea of a debate is not the same as ours.
And I mean if we hadn't asked question we wouldn't know Staffs are the best would we???????? But shush don't tell everyone.

Some how kazz through pain and sorrow and shear anger you can make me smile thank you so much!

Im just passionate about staffies and find it hard that people cant see what we see! but oh well we know the truth!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:49 PM
My two have the obligatory studded collars but I have not gone skinhead yet; but I know two people who fit that descripton to a tee

One is my Dad skinhead trying to look ard at 77years of age to get to the front of the pension queue.
The other is my nephew all of 7 years old and skinhead and trying to look as ard as an 8 year old.

Both complete with Staffies.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT
Some how kazz through pain and sorrow and shear anger you can make me smile thank you so much!

Im just passionate about staffies and find it hard that people cant see what we see! but oh well we know the truth!
A pleasure always.

But don't get so worked up they're only dogs at the end of the day and people are much more important.

Don't stress about what someone says about our breed. as I say we know the truth and the fewer who know the better,
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:53 PM

Well Done

You planning on going skinhead then ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:56 PM
You never know, you never know - I have a dog walking hat if myhead gets chilly.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Well said Kazz...I love my staffies to bits, if other don't like them, thats their loss!!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 08:59 PM
A pleasure always.

But don't get so worked up they're only dogs at the end of the day and people are much more important.

Don't stress about what someone says about our breed. as I say we know the truth and the fewer who know the better,
to be honest i was so worked about the other thread and as soon as i come out of that one i see sbt in the debates section and its like damn another red mist attack lol! bad bad weekend to be honest! so yes to THIS thread i did over react and would like to say sorry to tuti about THIS thread i was in the wrong to attack you personally on this thread! I dont mean it but still very shocked at some people views on dogweb today!

So sorry tuti for the personal attacks ON THIS THREAD

I still stand by this thread belonging somewhere else thou!
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »