Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
No I don't have a rice cooker but a friend of mine has so I can borrow it from her, not a problem there.. will definitely get some and try it out.. anything for him to eat something that he will absorb xx
I use an electric rice cooker because it is easier [and safer] for me. I am not sure but things like Millet and Quinoa do not take long to cook on the hob - but a rice cooker is definitely easier. I usually add ~half a cup more water than the packets suggest as the "sloppier" they are, the easier they are to digest.

At the moment I would not suggest any whole grains for your lad, but the above two are definitely easy to digest and [forgetting my English here ] do have more nutrition than something like white rice or pasta. And if you do try whole grains, make sure they are well [ie over] cooked so soft and not "al dente" as would be preferable for a human.

Good luck but it is going to be trial and error until you find something that your lad can absorb and digest.

As I said, different problems, Pereg needing to lose weight and your lad to gain weight, but it is quite possible that the same things, ie Millet and Quinoa that have helped Pereg, can also help your lad. You can but try.

(((hugs))
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I use an electric rice cooker because it is easier [and safer] for me. I am not sure but things like Millet and Quinoa do not take long to cook on the hob - but a rice cooker is definitely easier. I usually add ~half a cup more water than the packets suggest as the "sloppier" they are, the easier they are to digest.

At the moment I would not suggest any whole grains for your lad, but the above two are definitely easy to digest and [forgetting my English here ] do have more nutrition than something like white rice or pasta. And if you do try whole grains, make sure they are well [ie over] cooked so soft and not "al dente" as would be preferable for a human.

Good luck but it is going to be trial and error until you find something that your lad can absorb and digest.

As I said, different problems, Pereg needing to lose weight and your lad to gain weight, but it is quite possible that the same things, ie Millet and Quinoa that have helped Pereg, can also help your lad. You can but try.

(((hugs))
Oh, definitely trying it!!!! as I said, he eats everything bar his food he got from the vet!!! so should not be a problem to feed him grains, goats milk and fish.. just want him to stop the diarrhea and put on weight... xx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh, definitely trying it!!!! as I said, he eats everything bar his food he got from the vet!!! so should not be a problem to feed him grains, goats milk and fish.. just want him to stop the diarrhea and put on weight... xx
Hi Eva, How is he doing been worried all day I just keep hoping that he has digested something and its helping him,I went to the library,because I thought his symptoms were a bit like the human IBS ,but looked up some dog books,but no refernce under IBS it may have another name Jacquie
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi Eva, How is he doing been worried all day I just keep hoping that he has digested something and its helping him,I went to the library,because I thought his symptoms were a bit like the human IBS ,but looked up some dog books,but no refernce under IBS it may have another name Jacquie
Hi Jacquie, finally after a lot of frustration he ate something of the special food after I soaked it, put chicken and yoghurt in it.. the paste the vet gave us he loved and did make him hungry but didn't eat till nearly 10 last night.. he had his kefir again this morning and will try and give him some more of the soaked food after our walk.. fingers crossed... bless you for going through the trouble of looking it up.. will keep you updated xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
A little update on my boy... Finally he has started eating the food he is supposed to eat, specifically for his condition... not a lot yet and still have to mix it with meat and chicken but it is a start... I am so happy and it has taken a load of my shoulders.. now just hope that his diarrhea clears up soon and he gets back to his good health.. thank you all for all your help and healing vibes etc. soooo much appreciated.. will keep you informed on his doings xxx
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2013, 11:02 AM
A little update on my boy... Finally he has started eating the food he is supposed to eat, specifically for his condition... not a lot yet and still have to mix it with meat and chicken but it is a start... I am so happy and it has taken a load of my shoulders.. now just hope that his diarrhea clears up soon and he gets back to his good health.. thank you all for all your help and healing vibes etc. soooo much appreciated.. will keep you informed on his doings xxx
Hi So pleased been rather worried but if he is on the up that is so positive Jacquie
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

03-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Hope he contines to eat for you and the skitters have stopped.

Sorry I missed your post.

Healing vibes going to him x
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Glad to hear your boy is starting to eat the special diet and well done you for persuading him to eat it. Hope this is the start of a good recovery for him.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi So pleased been rather worried but if he is on the up that is so positive Jacquie
Tell me about it Jacquie it is so frustrating when you want to do the best for them and they are not listening... but it's looking up as he ate again this morning.. still runny poo though but can't expect miracles overnight... xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Hope he contines to eat for you and the skitters have stopped.

Sorry I missed your post.

Healing vibes going to him x
Thank you Rosemary... skitters still there though but he is eating the special food x
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >