View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I had the same problems with Oliver on Orijen. I switched him to Acana (Pacifica at the time). It's made by the same company, but has less protein and less ingredients)
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 02:50 PM
hi, yes i do like acana too as we use it as a mixer sometimes to add a different flavour to his orijen, i am just today starting him on panacur to treat a possible giardia problem and then see how he is, as i believe smelly wind and loose stools could be from that too? If the problem still persists after the panacur then i think i may wean him on to acana instead.
Macster1
New Member!
Male 

26-01-2013, 05:12 PM
HIya, I have started feeding the 80/20 from Simpsons , they do a fish and a mixed fish and meat, same as Orijen with fruit and veg just alot cheaper,British made and no import costs!! my dogs love it.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Does the Orijen food you're feeding have whole egg in?
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-02-2013, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Macster1 View Post
HIya, I have started feeding the 80/20 from Simpsons , they do a fish and a mixed fish and meat, same as Orijen with fruit and veg just alot cheaper,British made and no import costs!! my dogs love it.
what are the poo's like on Simpsons? ..smell wise too?
Macster1
New Member!
Male 

25-02-2013, 09:38 AM
HI, the poo has been fine, cant ay I have noticed anymore smell than with the Orijen, I took over a week to introduce it,mixed meat & fish, they love it. It feels good to support a British company and product but still maintaining the same quality, I couldnt believe the Orijen price hike and for less than before!! and of course now I have more money in my pocket. Wont be going back to Orijen.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2013, 01:51 AM
JJ is doing well on the Bob & Lush so far, it seems a good quality food. It's only a single protein though, but multi proteins in a food wasn't agreeing with my pup, as I had been looking at the new Orijen Whole Prey (was due out end of Feb), but it also has multi, meats, fish and eggs similar to the Eden JJ was on that wasn't agreeing with him.

I've looked at Canagen as well but only the Chicken is single ingredient and I wanted to try a meat he hadn't had as the previous foods he'd had reactions to were chicken and/or fish based.

I've been looking at the Duck Grain-free from Simpsons too and the Salmon for Inca (whose just got a bag of Fish4dogs weight control to drop a few pounds) to switch them onto.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post
JJ is doing well on the Bob & Lush so far, it seems a good quality food. It's only a single protein though, but multi proteins in a food wasn't agreeing with my pup, as I had been looking at the new Orijen Whole Prey (was due out end of Feb), but it also has multi, meats, fish and eggs similar to the Eden JJ was on that wasn't agreeing with him.

I've looked at Canagen as well but only the Chicken is single ingredient and I wanted to try a meat he hadn't had as the previous foods he'd had reactions to were chicken and/or fish based.

I've been looking at the Duck Grain-free from Simpsons too and the Salmon for Inca (whose just got a bag of Fish4dogs weight control to drop a few pounds) to switch them onto.
My 2 are loving Bob and Lush, both are not keen on fish since being sick on naturediet fish they turn their noses up at fish foods
Macster1
New Member!
Male 

07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
HIya, I have also used the duck & Potato, great food as is the whole range. I have actually been selling the food for sometime now and its become a big hit in Devon & Cornwall where I live. I am lucky in that my 2 dogs have never been fussy so they woof down which ever one I give them, have stuck with the 80/20 for now which is going well.
Macster1
New Member!
Male 

07-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I have just had a look at the Bob & Lush , looks a great food but lot of money for just 7.5kg, the Simpsons 45% Duck & Potato is £41 for 12 kg, just to give it some comparison. Even the 80/20 meat with fruit & veg works out a better price.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >