View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
midorchi
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2013, 05:13 AM
I used Bob and Lush puppy for a litter of chins I had last year and was very impressed with their condition,shining coats and really healthy. No upset tummies. I have been using it for my adults for the past few months after they started scratching when I got a new bag of Simpsons.
They are doing really well on it, even my little 3 pounds 14 year old chi.
Even my fusspots are cleaning their dishes.

I do get it for 35% cheaper by being in their breeders club - I've had 10 litters in 30 years - so it doesn't work out too badly
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 07:18 AM
It's a shame customers can't get a regular discount too why only breeders?

They could do a subscribe & save club like Amazon does to get it cheaper for those who've decided to stay on it?

I've only bought mine cos I got £25 off to be honest cos they both really loved the wet and got the adult kibble for them to share as a base for dinner as I add homemade too.

It works out about the same price as Eden at £40 for 7.5kg, but 15kg is more cos have to buy 2 (even though get £10 knocked off) its still then £80 I think for 15kg! ..I've found others for £30-£40 for 15kg.

one place was doing Vitalin adult maintenance cereal free for £24 for 15kg but only until end of Feb so haven't really got time for them to send a sample first and then buy the bag if the dogs like it. That one seems to be chicken only though and I wanted to try a novel protein for him first.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 06:41 PM
For anyone already on Bob & Lush... How long does a 7.5kg bag usually last you? ..and what breed/weight is your dog/amount fed daily?

Thanks
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by katilea View Post
It's a shame customers can't get a regular discount too why only breeders?

They could do a subscribe & save club like Amazon does to get it cheaper for those who've decided to stay on it?

I've only bought mine cos I got £25 off to be honest cos they both really loved the wet and got the adult kibble for them to share as a base for dinner as I add homemade too.

It works out about the same price as Eden at £40 for 7.5kg, but 15kg is more cos have to buy 2 (even though get £10 knocked off) its still then £80 I think for 15kg! ..I've found others for £30-£40 for 15kg.

one place was doing Vitalin adult maintenance cereal free for £24 for 15kg but only until end of Feb so haven't really got time for them to send a sample first and then buy the bag if the dogs like it. That one seems to be chicken only though and I wanted to try a novel protein for him first.
Hi Eden is 15kg for £49 so not quite as bad as it seems, acana http://www.viovet.co.uk/advanced_sea...keywords=acana is a good food it comes in several flavours a bit pricey but the dogs love it, and made by the makers of Orijen. Applaws is on cheap at the moment at monsterpets http://www.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk/...search/applaws
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:08 PM
For anyone already on Bob & Lush... How long does a 7.5kg bag usually last you? ..and what breed/weight is your dog/amount fed daily?

Thanks
Bob and Lush I am going to try next 2x 7.5kg bags £69.99 but with the code VERYTASTY as said above gives you £25 off first buy so £45 for 15kg and shouldn't need so much as it is high quality x x I figure it is worth a try x
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Bob and Lush I am going to try next 2x 7.5kg bags £69.99 but with the code VERYTASTY as said above gives you £25 off first buy so £45 for 15kg and shouldn't need so much as it is high quality x x I figure it is worth a try x
I used the voucher I was told you had to buy one bag of kibble and one box of wet to be able to use the code. my dogs loved the wet stuffed in kongs anyway so I don't mind they won't be used everyday and one bag should be enough to see how he is on it to start with.

I think it cost me around £34 with the voucher for one of each and a free bag of duck breast treats which they had in the trial pack and LOVED!!

was just wondering how long the kibble would last..one month or two etc for the price? ..can you add warm water to the kibble?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:24 PM
I used the voucher I was told you had to buy one bag of kibble and one box of wet to be able to use the code. my dogs loved the wet stuffed in kongs anyway so I don't mind they won't be used everyday and one bag should be enough to see how he is on it to start with.

I think it cost me around £34 with the voucher for one of each and a free bag of duck breast treats which they had in the trial pack and LOVED!!

was just wondering how long the kibble would last..one month or two etc for the price? ..can you add warm water to the kibble?
Oh I haven't ordered mine yet but popped on there yesterday to see if my voucher code still works and it went through to payment page ok with just 2 bags of dry??? Plus a free treat too, I don't want the wet food, although it is great quality it doesn't go far with 2 dogs, you can prob add water not sure if they advise it or not, but its good for the teeth for them to crunch on dry food as it help scratch the plaque away, I use Nature diet for their breakfast which is a wet food and kibble for later and they are fine like that, I also chop and change their kibble now when i see good deals on the best foods with no problems and they enjoy a variety of flavours too x
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Oh I haven't ordered mine yet but popped on there yesterday to see if my voucher code still works and it went through to payment page ok with just 2 bags of dry??? Plus a free treat too, I don't want the wet food, although it is great quality it doesn't go far with 2 dogs, you can prob add water not sure if they advise it or not, but its good for the teeth for them to crunch on dry food as it help scratch the plaque away, I use Nature diet for their breakfast which is a wet food and kibble for later and they are fine like that, I also chop and change their kibble now when i see good deals on the best foods with no problems and they enjoy a variety of flavours too x
Mine have nature diet but they loved the lamb and carrots wet so much too I don't mind buying it again as I know it will be polished off quickly! ..Also ND tends to have rice in and I want to try him completely grain free for a bit to see what difference it makes then gradually re-introduce
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh yes of course you did say that earlier, my brain is ready for bed, http://www.forthglade.com/ingredients/

How about these for wet food, brown rice is meant to be easier to digest?
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2013, 08:39 PM
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/dog-food-fort...od-c-1024_1151

Cheapish here x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >