Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DeeBuzzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Anyone use "Bob & Lush" dog food?

Having heard that some dog food might trigger an epileptic fit in suceptible dogs, I've done some research into additive free food and found Bob & Lush. My kooiker has been on Royal Canin since puppyhood and appears to be ok on it, other than having seizures. There's no evidence to suggest that RC triggers a fit, but as they don't list all the additives, they might just include the suspected ones.Any advice on this would be greatly welcome! Thanks!
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2012, 09:08 PM
I have been sent the samples but not used them due to feeding raw. Keep meaning to try them out as they sound good but don't really like changing their diets as it seems to upset their stomach. Sorry that's not much help is it!

When I get round to trying them out I'll let you know how it goes!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by DeeBuzzby View Post
Having heard that some dog food might trigger an epileptic fit in suceptible dogs, I've done some research into additive free food and found Bob & Lush. My kooiker has been on Royal Canin since puppyhood and appears to be ok on it, other than having seizures. There's no evidence to suggest that RC triggers a fit, but as they don't list all the additives, they might just include the suspected ones.Any advice on this would be greatly welcome! Thanks!
Have you clicked on the nutritional values? Seems quite a comprehensive list of ingredients listed.

It actually looks to be a very good food, but very expensive.
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Have you clicked on the nutritional values? Seems quite a comprehensive list of ingredients listed.

It actually looks to be a very good food, but very expensive.
They give a 50% discount to breeders which is generous- but I'm not a breeder
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I got a sample of this food, as I like to use kibble as treats (Jake is fed raw) and, considering the price I wanted to make sure he liked it... He doesn't seem too sold on it just now. He will eat it, but not before he spits it out a few times first and have a good sniff at it... Usually he doesn't hesitate with kibble, so it is a bit odd to see him doing that...

It does look like good food though.
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-01-2012, 08:39 AM
I've been feeding the kibble to my Pointer for her breakfast for a month, and so far so good. It goes down as well ( or as badly) as Orijen....she hates breakfast, but I like her to eat something good to keep her going through the day.

The wet pouches are great to mix with kibble if you need to make it more interesting, as they are basically just lamb and no crap.

The bag of dried venison liver treats that came with the food make the dogs go cross-eyed with pleasure!

It is expensive, but it does seem to be good quality. You get £25 off your first order with the code VeryTasty, I think.
Rockape
New Member!
Male 

30-01-2012, 09:12 AM
My Greyhound Jack has a sensitive tum and finding a diet which suits him has been a bit of a nightmare.

After a trip to the vets with a mild infection of the anal glands, I decided to change his diet in the hope that it would sort out his loose stools once and for all.

He was being fed Orijen and Natures Diet/Harvest.

I tried both Robbies and Bob and Lush, both provided a noticeable improvement over the Orijen. I chose to stay with Bob and Lush as Jack seemed to enjoy it more.

The ingredients are good :-

In detail: Fresh duck (24%), Duck meal (24%), Potatoes (22%), Peas (9%), Sugar beet pulp (7%), Duck fat (6%), Duck digest (3%), Brewer’s yeast (2%), Linseed (2%), Minerals, Vitamins, Yucca schidigera extract (0.5%), Prebiotics MOS (0.2%) and FOS (0.2%).

and the pouches :-

In detail: Lamb meat, Lamb heart, Lamb liver, Lamb tripe (together 70%), Lamb broth (23%), Carrots (5%), Minerals (1%), Linseed oil (1%).

I have included the ingredients of RC Maxi Adult 26 for comparison :-

COMPOSITION: maize, maize flour, dehydrated poultry meat, animal fats, maize gluten, hydrolysed animal proteins, dehydrated pork protein, beet pulp, minerals, fish oil, soya oil, yeasts, egg powder, hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 10500 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 45 mg, E2 (Iodine): 2.4 mg, E4 (Copper): 8 mg, E5 (Manganese): 60 mg, E6 (Zinc): 197 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.08 mg, Taurine: 0.3 g - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 26% - Fat content: 17% - Crude ash: 5.8% - Crude fibres: 1.4% - EPA and DHA fatty acids: 4.2 g/kg.

Bob and Lush seems a very friendly company and you can order a sample pack which contains both the kibble and the wet food, be warned though it is one of the more expensive brands on the market.

Hope this has helped.
DeeBuzzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I got a sample of this food, as I like to use kibble as treats (Jake is fed raw) and, considering the price I wanted to make sure he liked it... He doesn't seem too sold on it just now. He will eat it, but not before he spits it out a few times first and have a good sniff at it... Usually he doesn't hesitate with kibble, so it is a bit odd to see him doing that...

It does look like good food though.
Oh God....Not good news that your dog wasn't impressed-I've just ordered £59 worth of kibble and wet pouches- altho with the £25 voucher on their website I effectively get the wet stuff free (this time!). Not sure I'll give 100% Bob and Lush... I could be bankrupt very soon if I do! I've also ordered some Orijen to replace the Royal Canin which Archie was on, only Orijen appears to have decamphorated rosemary in it. (See the health thread re epilepsy....)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I got some free samples at Crufts. They gave me two lots when I said my online request hadn't been received yet, I ordered the free pack 6 weeks ago. They did say they had a lot of requests for them and were working they're way through them all, so I should still get the one that's on it's way in the post too.

Don't need any dry food just now, but the dogs LOVE the pouches so I've just ordered two boxes of the moist pouches, along with some treats to take me just over the £50 mark, to get my £25 off my first order with free next day delivery! Excellent!

When placing my order online it classed me as being in the 'Scottish highlands and islands' and wanted to charge me £9.50 for delivery- I'm not, I'm just west of Glasgow!

So, I contacted them and they said the postcode should show as next day delivery as standard and it must be a problem on their online ordering system. They said to me to place the order I was going to and they would refund me the £9.50, which they did. They have contacted their IT people to sort it out and told me to tell them again if I have any further problems with ordering.

They were very good to deal with and replied promptly with an explanation.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I've just ordered some of this for my puppy to try as both pup and older dog loved the samples especially the duck breast treats they didn't last long at all.. lol!

He still has runny eyes and poo's have gone runny again.. he was on Eden but his poo's really stank after a while then he started eating it... I tried to ask on Eden's FB group but my question never went on and now I don't seem to be able to post at all.?? . so they obviously don't want any faults/side effects been discussed openly!

I have found a few people though who've had exact same problem with it. It's a shame as he was doing well, I could have coped with extremely stinky poo's and found a way to stop him eating it, but afraid their attitude put me off and won't be staying on it.

Hopefully Bob & Lush aren't so 'precious' about what questions can be asked about their products and will work for him!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >