Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by scottyvdub View Post
no the human realizes that that its not the collar thats controlling the dog its there role to be the leader which is better and safer for the dog, the collar shouldnt be use agressivly but the dog wont like it when its pulled upon so it wont pull then when the dog has readjusted to walking at the side not pulling a normal collar can the be used, which im not saying this is the only way to achieve this.but it is better than the dog forever pulling on its lead for the rest of its life,chocking itsself. a few weeks of learning and not liking the experince, and then walking at heel and not pulling, then getting more walks because the walk is more enjoyable and safer for dog and owner, the weeks or days even are worth it
Ahh....so it is painful for the dog.....but the end justifies the means?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Personally I can never never never see how training by pain or intimidation can be considered a good thing.

If CM does nothing else, he instigates massive arguments and probably causes many poor dogs to suffer when people try to emulate his methods.
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:50 PM
any way its good to see that this has shown that every one on here has great love for there dogs, i said earlier what i get from cm-

what i take from him is that a dogs needs need to be met, like the daily minimum 45MIN power walk even if the weathers brittish, the dog knowing its place as a follower i think people can be in charge of a dog but its unfair and possibly dangerous for a dog to try and take charge of humans, i Completely agree with cesar that a dog knows how you are feeling and can mirror that, never tell a dog off with anger. exercise discipline affection, and by discipline a firm no and a look, not pinning him to the ground, and a dog being a dog not a human.

and i dont see anything wrong with that, this is a great site with great people with there dogs best interests at heart.
im going to bed, early start ,
peace and love
jordanio0207
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Cheers Scott, My girl is 16 weeks now weighing 11kg so I don't think she will be that big but who know's, she's very clever and picks things up straight away Although she does pull like a trooper,i'm using clicker training to try and sort this out before she gets to big I don't fancy having 1 arm longer then the other lol
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:55 PM
tassle did i say pain any where, but I would and im sure most people would prefere a short time of (if you must insist on pain)
pain than a life time of pain.
i would say a short time of discomfort rarther than a life tome of discomfort
scottyvdub
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-10-2010, 09:56 PM
now i am going ti bed im drained
good night
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 10:00 PM
no the human realizes that that its not the collar thats controlling the dog its there role to be the leader which is better and safer for the dog, the collar shouldnt be use agressivly but the dog wont like it when its pulled upon so it wont pull then when the dog has readjusted to walking at the side not pulling a normal collar can the be used, which im not saying this is the only way to achieve this.but it is better than the dog forever pulling on its lead for the rest of its life,chocking itsself. a few weeks of learning and not liking the experince, and then walking at heel and not pulling, then getting more walks because the walk is more enjoyable and safer for dog and owner, the weeks or days even are worth it
Thats what I mean---gullable!

rune
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 10:06 PM
tassle did i say pain any where, but I would and im sure most people would prefere a short time of (if you must insist on pain)
pain than a life time of pain.
i would say a short time of discomfort rarther than a life tome of discomfort
Nope - you said the dog would not like it.....why does the dog not like it?
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I find it concerning that anyone who says they love their dog would listen to a man that uses such negative methods, if it causes pain and induces fear in the name of 'training', obviously all of us using clickers and postive reinforcement all this time are doing something wrong, then why would you want to inflict that on a loved member of your family but that's exactly what he does, all with a hollywood smile .
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2010, 10:25 PM
he uses the 'equipment' the owner uses doesnt he??? if they use a prong collar he shows them how to use it properly withoug hurting the dog. i use a slip lead on my puppy and he is fine, doesnt hurt him at all.

yeahh he has been bitten but look at the different types of dogs they both deal with!!! VS doesnt seem to deal so much with aggression ect wereas CM does more of that, you cant really clicker train a dog thats trying to attack you. you need a starting point were the dog repects you.

some of his stuff i dont like but also some of VS stuff i dont like. you just need something that works best for both you and your dog
Page 5 of 24 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »