Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by thorandamy View Post
i didnt want to cause an arguement at all, i personally dont see the benefits to the dog world..there isnt much that the hundreds of breeds already about cant do....but am not against the breed i quite like it ...but again im a responsible dog owner...these dogs shouldnt be out there for just anyone to own ...they will get misused and become another dangerous dog...then people will suffer the consequences and so will the dog ...shall we give them to people who will misuse them and wait for them to be put to sleep ....my point is why....
what breed?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
There are a good few that so shcutzhund, thats artificial, they do that ok, even though it isnt "real"
yes 'ok 'but dont excel like some other breeds... if u talk to csv owners abroad that work their dogs they most tend to follow my view(and wouldnt recommend getting a csv if its soley for that purpose)....im still going to try schutzund with tupac..but it isnt 'most' csv's fav type of work.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yes 'ok 'but dont excel like some other breeds... if u talk to csv owners abroad that work their dogs they most tend to follow my view(and wouldnt recommend getting a csv if its soley for that purpose)....im still going to try schutzund with tupac..but it isnt 'most' csv's fav type of work.
Dobermanns are the same. They were often "unreliable" in artificial circumstances.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 02:15 PM
All this talk about breeding wolves & dogs & the "harm" it may do to dogs, what about the wolves? Aren't most of the wolf species endangered? Shouldn't we be doing more to protect wolves & their natural habitiat? What about protecting wild wolf strains & ensuring they survive & not using wild wolves to breed yet more potential pets?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Tupacs2legs;2042981]yes 'ok 'but dont excel like some other breeds... if u talk to csv owners abroad that work their dogs they most tend to follow my view(and wouldnt recommend getting a csv if its soley for that purpose)....im still going to try schutzund with tupac.

Is that because they need a more patient hand in training do you think ?
I know Inka did not like the type of training he got at ex police dog trainers class, too rough for him
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
All this talk about breeding wolves & dogs & the "harm" it may do to dogs, what about the wolves? Aren't most of the wolf species endangered? Shouldn't we be doing more to protect wolves & their natural habitiat? What about protecting wild wolf strains & ensuring they survive & not using wild wolves to breed yet more potential pets?
Its against the law to use " real wolves " for breeding with dogs, the problem in america was some unscrupulous people got the wolves before the ban came in...
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Its against the law to use " real wolves " for breeding with dogs, the problem in america was some unscrupulous people got the wolves before the ban came in...
Sorry for my ignorance but where do they get the wolves from now to breed from then? I assumed that people were breeding "real" wolves to then cross with domestic dogs. Whether they used captured wolves or captive wolves, it's still, IMO, unethical to use these wolves in this way.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
There are still several States in the USA which allow pure wolves and high% crosses to be kept as pets.
wolfdogowner
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
There are still several States in the USA which allow pure wolves and high% crosses to be kept as pets.
There are increasingly few. Almost daily individual counties are banning wolfdogs. The latest ban in North Carolina caused the closure of a respected animal sanctuary which only managed to re-home a few wolfdogs and the rest were shot (photos on line).

Continual misinformation (see the the Pet wolf? thread on dogsey which sites two media presentations that are misrepresenting wolf/dogs as wolves) is partly to blame plus it seems the image factor of having a pet wild animal on a lead which seems to appeal to a certain sector of society that cares little for the animals welfare.
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I own a low content hybrid, he's 14mths old, and so far I've had no trouble with him at all. He's loyal, loving, affectionate and protective towards me. I wouldn't say this type is suitable for everyone, they are a large powerful dog with a mind of their own, but I had already owned a Malamute for several years so was already used to that. If the only breeds of dog you have so far owned are quieter, naturally obedient types, this may not be the right dog for you.
Page 5 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »