09-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
none!
Exactly
thorandamy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
in response to the posts...yes they are lovely looking dogs! and yes someone with the correct knowledge could tame a full wolf but would you want to stroke one thats been dragged up....i also think that these dogs would be used as a status symbol.
My arguement is why? what for...?
In this country alone hundreds of dogs are put t sleep because of problems associated with bad owners...why bring another breed in that anyone can get hold but only a few could handle...i used to think like some on here until i saw a pack of wolves for myself i remeber saying "oh look our thors bigger then them" and then watching them rip apart and devour a calf in six minutes leaving nothing but skin...not very dog like believe me....yes wolves are shy and retiring until threatened....they are naturally very anxious...so what happens if it cant run from danger ..like if it was in someones living room and the toddler has a loud toy....these dogs should not be sold to just anyone...its not fair on the dog as much as anyone else
murph
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-09-2010, 06:36 PM
The post was about wolf dog hybrids f4 and beyond not wolfs
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Is it 'right' to keep chinchillas, guinea pigs, degus etc as pets?

How long ago do we count an animal as being 'wild' Is it measured in generations or years?

Is any kind of showing/work with a dog which is not for survival considered egoistical?

It is IMO---and I'll hold my hand up to it.

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Is it 'right' to keep chinchillas, guinea pigs, degus etc as pets?
Yes if they are of many many generations of pet and domestic breeding, which they are. Wolf dogs are a fad, one that is going tits up already!

How long ago do we count an animal as being 'wild' Is it measured in generations or years?
Well if you get bitten by a Guinea Pig, I guarantee you you will be ok, if a large dog/wolf bites you, chances are you will have a considerable injury. I cannot understand the mentality or facination for people that want to keep wild animals in their living room.

Is any kind of showing/work with a dog which is not for survival considered egoistical?
Nope, pets again, domesticated pets, not half wild and never even seen the inside of a house in most cases, yet churned out in their hundreds to live as part of a family. That goes for the DOG part too in some cases!

It is IMO---and I'll hold my hand up to it.

rune
Thats your opinion and entitled to it you certainly are.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
How many staffies, springers, rotties, GSD's, collies etc have bitten? Domesticated---what does that mean?

Shouild we stop breeding those and just allow small guinea pig size dogs that won't cause too much damage?

Churned out in their hundreds? Where?

I have been looking on all the sites recently on a regular basis, very few 'wolfdogs' around. I agree that there will be more in the future but I really doubt they will ever reach the saturation point that staffies are at.

rune
thorandamy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
chinchilla / wolf dog? chinchilla/ wolfdog im sorry but your comparison doesnt hold much weight does it and the arguement about showing dogs is for the ego?...maybe..people would be proud of there dogs in the show ring ...but these are dogs....to have a dog and mix it with a wolf is dangerous to say the least...these are not aniamls that will curl up at your feet and look up at you adoringly...these are part wild unpredictable animal...and yes there are some people who could handle them in the correct way ...but there are also the people who will want to own one as a status symbol ....not the same sort of status symbol as say a poodle ...these people have dogs to look tough ...to use the dogs as a symbol of aggression and even the ones who dont want it as a status symbol, the owner who doesnt do their haomework the owner who doesnt learn about the dog...these dogs are a danger in the wrong hands and in the wrong hands they will be. so why breed them in the first place.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by thorandamy View Post
chinchilla / wolf dog? chinchilla/ wolfdog im sorry but your comparison doesnt hold much weight does it and the arguement about showing dogs is for the ego?...maybe..people would be proud of there dogs in the show ring ...but these are dogs....to have a dog and mix it with a wolf is dangerous to say the least...these are not aniamls that will curl up at your feet and look up at you adoringly...these are part wild unpredictable animal...and yes there are some people who could handle them in the correct way ...but there are also the people who will want to own one as a status symbol ....not the same sort of status symbol as say a poodle ...these people have dogs to look tough ...to use the dogs as a symbol of aggression and even the ones who dont want it as a status symbol, the owner who doesnt do their haomework the owner who doesnt learn about the dog...these dogs are a danger in the wrong hands and in the wrong hands they will be. so why breed them in the first place.
Any dog is a danger in the wrong hands---in the 80's the status dogs were rotties, now it is bull breeds.

Are they as unpredictable as the akita that had a childs face recently---or the rotties who killed, or the bull breeds who find themselves frequently in the news?

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2010, 07:55 PM
... so are you guys talking csv's and swh or direct wolf crosses?
thorandamy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2010, 08:00 PM
RUNE i see what your saying but the rottie and the bull breeds can be trained by responsible owners....the rotties and akitas etc if something happens the blame lies with the owners of these dogs...some people dont realise the responsibility or the work load that goes into rearing, exercising, training and being responsible for the breeds you have mentioned....but for the most part even with bad ownership these dogs are not often a problem..the dogs im talking about are wild animals... if you look into the breed it tells you they are not like dogs even the breeds you mention they are unique and need unique handling....and yes there are some people out there that could possibly handle them ...but for the majority these dogs would be a danger.
And they would be used by gangs, dog fighters and ego maniacs....why put the dog through that
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »