View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I need a drink !!! my head is thumping along with my heart... Thanks again to you all again..... I'm sure Zoe will Thank you all in person when she gets back from work... The police have just called as I was typing the above... They have said that there will be no action, as it was just a very sad accident . Danny, did not become aggressive to the cats owners ever though they battered him to get him off the cat..... He really is a softee. He is struggling to walk now after the beating they gave him... thanks ALL
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
I need a drink !!! my head is thumping along with my heart... Thanks again to you all again..... I'm sure Zoe will Thank you all in person when she gets back from work... The police have just called as I was typing the above... They have said that there will be no action, as it was just a very sad accident . Danny, did not become aggressive to the cats owners ever though they battered him to get him off the cat..... He really is a softee. He is struggling to walk now after the beating they gave him... thanks ALL
Awwwww poor Danny, poor you, and poor the neighbours
I'm pleased it will all get sorted for you now. You can try and get back to normal. But please write that letter to the neighbour in a few days time.
Keep an eye on Buddy, a trip to the vet might be wise if he is in a lot of pain.

Get a good nights sleep,

xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Just wanted to say what an awful situation for all of you. Give the owners of the cat a few days. Last year next door's dog killed our rabbit and we were all devasted. We found her body just layed out on the lawn. It was awful as the kids were horrified too. I couldn't talk to the owners for a day or two as we had to grieve for our pet. The poor lady next door was also devasted and bought us pet shop vouchers. I knew that it was a tragic accident and that it wasn't really anyones fault but it just takes time for the horror to fade. Their dog is a pain in the bum but she is just a dog. Angry as I was I still would never have seen the point in 2 animals dying. Give the owners a little time a card and flowers would be nice. Just remember it was a tragic accident. Hugs to you all.

Ali xx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Very sad for everyone but it was just a tragic accident.

About a wek ago I let my two out into the garden just as it was getting dark and suddenly heard Zymi growling at something, next minute he looked like he had grabbed something!! My heart stopped as I know cats do pass through my garden. Then I realised that it was my other boy Cava he was having a go at and all over his Kong which he's sneaked into the garden

All I could think of ws having to tell the cat's owners so I was actually thought Oh good it's just Cava

Animals will be animals
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:32 PM
How awful, I'm so sorry for all of you.

I hope Danny is okay after being battered. You say he's struggling to walk - do you think he might need to be checked over by the vet?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Well can I say that as an owner of a cat that was killed by two dogs, no there is nothing that can be done.

But if the people feel as I did back then I think you be better to leave it for today and maybe the next day or two...maybe write a letter.

The owner of the dogs that killed mine came round a few days later and I was still devastated but more able to listen, its a shock to see all this unfold before your eyes really thats the problem.

Maybe in time they will be like me and slowly try and see that your dog wasn;t being nasty or dangerous.

I hope so anyway xxxx Best Wishes.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I've never been on this forum b4. My wife, zoe, loves chatting to you all.. I can't believe how supportive you have all been! WE are both gutted this has happened, but are so happy Danny wont have to be PTS. He is an angel except for cats.. he was abused by his previous owners and just wants love now( which he gets copiously) He just hates cats!!! We ar sorry for what happened but I dont think its his fault! its my fault for not counting the dogs after my son had opened the door.. our vicar had left the 2 gates open after delivering a letter to us. One minute all five were with me, the next minute I had a phone call to say he had done the deed.. I feel like such a ****!!!!!! sorry! Zoe's hubby
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
I've never been on this forum b4. My wife, zoe, loves chatting to you all.. I can't believe how supportive you have all been! WE are both gutted this has happened, but are so happy Danny wont have to be PTS. He is an angel except for cats.. he was abused by his previous owners and just wants love now( which he gets copiously) He just hates cats!!! We ar sorry for what happened but I dont think its his fault! its my fault for not counting the dogs after my son had opened the door.. our vicar had left the 2 gates open after delivering a letter to us. One minute all five were with me, the next minute I had a phone call to say he had done the deed.. I feel like such a ****!!!!!! sorry! Zoe's hubby
Im sure it will all come right. Best wishes
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks stevie
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:09 PM
You feeling a bit better now?

xx