View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi elaineb... You have been very helpfull as has all who have replied... We owe you all a beer or 3.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I agree with the others, sounds like a tragic accident.

Perhaps write your neighbours a letter instead of seeing them at the moment?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Hi Lynn. Thanks for reply.. We did go to see the cats owner. Obviously they were upset... and we did apologise. Quite understandably, they were not keen to listen.. Maybe we will go again in a few days....
Awww I know they are grieving at the moment and it was not a nice way too see your pet die.

I am sure in a few days they may be a little more understanding I hope they are.

It is as traumatic for you as it was your dog that did the deed and not a nice thing too have too deal with either. I would be mortified in either situation. (((Hugs))).
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi elaineb... You have been very helpfull as has all who have replied... We owe you all a beer or 3.
ewww don't do beer, but a voddy would go down nicley glad to be of help. don't worry too much.

xxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear this It was an accident.......

*Hugs* To all involved x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I would suggest not going to see the Cats owner at present, I would however write to them expressing your sadness at the loss of their pet and how it was a total accident. Send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. You can say much more on paper than face to face with angry and upset owners.

I understand totally how the Cats owner must feel, if it were me Id be horrified and dreadfully upset. However, Im certain that given a day or so they will realise what happened was an accident and nothing more and that you are just as sorry as they are.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Bottle on its way.... one day!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Bottle on its way.... one day!

Lol xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Obviously it is a horrible situation, but I know many years ago my cat got killed in exactly the same way, and the police and RSPCA etc said that there was nothing I could do, in fact the reply I got was cats chase mice, dogs chase cats, thats sadly life, at the time I was furious, heartbroken and frustrated. although the owner of the dog did come see our family and apologise and I could see it was as hard on him as it was on us that his dog had done such a thing. I will be honest if he hadnt come round and I saw how distressed he was I would have been more annoyed thinking they didnt care their dog had klilled our cat.

Mo
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I would suggest not going to see the Cats owner at present, I would however write to them expressing your sadness at the loss of their pet and how it was a total accident. Send it recorded delivery and keep a copy. You can say much more on paper than face to face with angry and upset owners.

I understand totally how the Cats owner must feel, if it were me Id be horrified and dreadfully upset. However, Im certain that given a day or so they will realise what happened was an accident and nothing more and that you are just as sorry as they are.
Wonderful post dawn You put it so well
xxxx
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »