Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
But yeah, they really should have a full vetting done..
I agree, I would never buy a horse unless I had it vetted, I have been stung twice, over the years.....once many years ago, the vet failed the horse on a very minor point, (flexion test) the horse was older, and I thought "what older horse is not a little stiff" I had his for 4yrs and for 4yrs I spent a fortune in vets bills, in the end he had to be PTS.

The other was only a few years back,(you would have thought I had learnt) and I am sad to say I did not have a vetting, I thought I knew this horse, (he was on the same yard as me) so I thought, I new him inside out...it became evident, that once he was in full work, showjumping) he went lame , his back was the problem, I was lucky the owner (dealer) new which side her bread was buttered on, and part exchanged him for something much younger (4yr old).

Apart from those two, I have always had a full vetting, and blood taken. and as hard as it is , if it fails I dont buy.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 06:15 PM
they should be back by the time I finish the dog training club,,so will pop over and see if she is back or not,,,try to get some photos, x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I'll look forward to those, and I like the idea of backing her too, you can't be too careful can you! I'm sure it will be a doddle, I hope it all goes smoothly and you find out she's 100% in every way!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2008, 07:19 PM
just cause he's feeling left out

here's my lad,, tuscan - by clantime..

(summerlast year)

good luck with your horse!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi all just to let you all know she has arrived safe and sound, she seems sweet,, here is the linky to the photos taken tonight hope you like her,
thanks for all the input it was really good xx

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=78201
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I've just noticed this thread and I have to say Polly is a lovely pony. I wish you well with backing her. Looking at the photos has made me want to get another horse. I've had 6 horses/ponies over the years , 2 of which I bought as youngsters and backed myself. Aussie was a liver chestnut Welsh Cob gelding. I bought him as a 2 year old and he turned out to be a fantastic little all rounder. I broke him to ride and drive and he excelled in everything he did. Good dressage ,showjumping , cross country and of course driving. I must post some pics of him sometime. My last horse , Garfield , was a coloured cob. I bought him at 5 months old and sold him 2 years ago at 7 years old. I didn't do much with Garfie. He took a long time to mature mentally as he had a poor start to life. His mum died when he was only 4 months old.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7