View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Just got back and he is not there, didn't think he would be.
Maybe I will get more calls today....fingers crossed.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
This might sound silly.. but could you record Meesha calling.. maybe on a mobile phone or voice recorder and take it out with you and play it..
Maybe he might hear it and come to you.

Have you put ads in the adtrader... or on gumtree for livingston and edinburgh area??
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Yes I did do adtrader but not the others, I am just off out for another walk in the forest....We are going to record Meesha but she has decided not to scream anymore!!!

Originally Posted by Louise13 View Post
This might sound silly.. but could you record Meesha calling.. maybe on a mobile phone or voice recorder and take it out with you and play it..
Maybe he might hear it and come to you.

Have you put ads in the adtrader... or on gumtree for livingston and edinburgh area??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 12:26 PM
keeping fingers crossed for you fran, hopefuly the thing in the paper will come up with something, if you get any calls saying he has been seen further this way give me a ring and I can take a look for you, that way your near the house or the phone should a call come in from some one who has seen him in the last day or two, really really hope this sheds some light on things for you and the wee man is home safe and sound soon,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 11:46 AM
just to update things a bit, I talked to jacquie and megan (aka x-rose-x) last night, they had been at Frans yesterday helping her look for DD again, she mentioned there has been a few calls all saying they had seen DD within the same area as the house, when they were sat having a cuppa they were sure they saw him flying from one set of trees to another at the back of the house, im sure fran will be on at some point and up-date this, thanks again for all the support your all stars
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
good news that he seems to be staying in the area, perhaps he is hearing Meesha calling. Fingers crossed here still, I am checking this thread daily and I am really sure he will be back home soon!!
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2007, 08:02 PM
No sign of him today...and still no noise....it was very quiet here and with very little wind I thought he might have heard either me or Meesha shouting.
It was last saturday when he was seen in the area...maybe he has gone now.........

Originally Posted by Het View Post
good news that he seems to be staying in the area, perhaps he is hearing Meesha calling. Fingers crossed here still, I am checking this thread daily and I am really sure he will be back home soon!!
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by bribiba View Post
No sign of him today...and still no noise....it was very quiet here and with very little wind I thought he might have heard either me or Meesha shouting.
It was last saturday when he was seen in the area...maybe he has gone now.........
You sound disheartened...don't be. remember how intelligent they are, in the wild they stay in the same areas and use the same salt licks, even though he is home bred he will still retain those instincts. There is a man in my area that lets his Macaws fly free, he lets them loose at a very young age and they come back at night to roost. DD may just be taking his time to make his way back.
Don't give up, you put all your love into him and he will remember that
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for that...yes it is very disheartening when you don't hear anything. I used to let my last birds free fly and they would sometimes roost in the tree beside the house but most nights they came in. I think it is because it is so wild up here that he is enjoying his freedom...when he gets back home I will be having a word in his ear!

Originally Posted by Het View Post
You sound disheartened...don't be. remember how intelligent they are, in the wild they stay in the same areas and use the same salt licks, even though he is home bred he will still retain those instincts. There is a man in my area that lets his Macaws fly free, he lets them loose at a very young age and they come back at night to roost. DD may just be taking his time to make his way back.
Don't give up, you put all your love into him and he will remember that
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2007, 09:29 PM
like het said they aint daft, i keep coming on hoping its better news and seeing a pic of him with you smiling.
stay strong we are all behind you in wanting him home.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >