View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2011, 09:31 PM

Alfie's weird "before walk with dad" behaviour is gone :)

For those who remember Alfie doing his weird behaviour before going for a walk with dad (not with me, he does as he is told with me ), well I "fixed" it and now when dad says he is going for a walk, Alfie now goes down and waits on the step as he should

(when training I say "uh oh" if he isn't doing as he is told, not if it is a new command, but if it is one I know he knows and he either doesn't listen or does something else, I say uh oh and he doesn't get the treat then and we try again 30 secs later)

What I did (rightly or wrongly), was..... on a day I knew dad WASN'T going out (I had already been out with him so he wasn't missing out on a walk as such, dad just wasn't going out that evening as he was busy), I got him to shout him anyway, so he called Alfie, Alfie played up like he had been doing, so I went "uh oh" and then dad went and sat down and didn't go out....... needless to say he does as he is told and just goes as soon as dad shouts now