View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Ive never had a rabbit but heard tbey made intelligent house pets - is this false? Tho i worked with woman years agonwho said her house rabbit was easier & quicker to litter train than her cat!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I think intelligent for a bunny might be a bit far
Bunny boo used to come if I tapped the carpet and was litter trained but that's about it! He's super cute though so alls forgiven!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
I think intelligent for a bunny might be a bit far
Bunny boo used to come if I tapped the carpet and was litter trained but that's about it! He's super cute though so alls forgiven!
If you think Rabbits are going too far, my first Hamster, Max used to come to his name (why don't I think my rabbits are trainable again?)
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:17 PM
One of my bunnies had to have an op and she lived indoors until she was better again, she liked to snooze under my bed and look at herself in a mirror

Mine have litter trays in their hutches, makes them so much easier to clean out if pees and poops are in one, removable place.

I'd love a continental giant as a house rabbit.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
One of my bunnies had to have an op and she lived indoors until she was better again, she liked to snooze under my bed and look at herself in a mirror

Mine have litter trays in their hutches, makes them so much easier to clean out if pees and poops are in one, removable place.

I'd love a continental giant as a house rabbit.
I'd love one too - but it's either a rabbit or a living OH.. Hmmm sometimes a very easy choice!

I'm thinking about the litter trays in the hutches - cleaning the whole thing each week is becoming a chore - and expensive!

Cats - just so it has something on topic
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'd love one too - but it's either a rabbit or a living OH.. Hmmm sometimes a very easy choice!

I'm thinking about the litter trays in the hutches - cleaning the whole thing each week is becoming a chore - and expensive!

Cats - just so it has something on topic
Litter training my rabbit was the best 4 days I have ever spent in my life!!! He poops in his tray - his cage is on lino with cusions and blankets. Every week I just empty the tray and give his palace a sweep And his lady friend just copies him

Maybe you should just get another rabbit instead of a cat
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Litter training my rabbit was the best 4 days I have ever spent in my life!!! He poops in his tray - his cage is on lino with cusions and blankets. Every week I just empty the tray and give his palace a sweep And his lady friend just copies him

NOOOOOOOOOOO - I have 7 and only 2 with me (3 soon).. no more after this lot either.. if my OH wants them - he'll either have to take tablets every day and clean them out himself - they are his afterall! I just have to do the dirty job.
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 09:03 PM

Doesn't the tray smell after a week? I change mine every day.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 08:52 AM
We don't have a tray do we lol - they get a full clean each week and every other day we remove the soiled stuff (as they have their corners)
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2011, 03:45 PM
When I say tray I mean giant plastic dog bed
It is ready for a change after a week but not too bad otherwise.
Their cage is 3 stories with a 2.5meter run so plenty of space.. I change it more during the summer months to prevents flies, and in winter to prevent it getting cold underfoot. I used to change it every 2 days when he was indoors as the small corner trays do get a bit full up and smelly.
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >