Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
no no no.... the burmese is the 'dog cat'
So they say - tho our moggy boy is traunable with foodie treats, maybe a long far off burmese ancestor ?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
British Shorthairs I find are a bit more 'dog like' in personality. My male British desperately tries to get my dogs to pay attention to him (rubbing around them, grooming their ears, trying to play, etc.) and plays with my Yorkie, which is quite amusing as he is bigger than her. They are a great breed!
no no no.... the burmese is the 'dog cat'
No - try telling Diesel - he plays fetch.. It's why I like him
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Apparently the Devon Rex is better for people with allergies than most cats, as they shed very little, they play fetch, and are quite the little monsters... I have a friend with Asthma and allergies to cats that has 2... her first one, she named Pest LOL.

I would consider one, but Oliver sees cats as a food source, and if I wasn't able to cope, I'd be sick for 15 or so years as there's no way I'd give up an animal once I've committed to it.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Tim fetches, sits, begs, gives his paw & turns complete circle for me plus takes food from my fingers, apparently taking food from fingers is unusual for cats. He will also "find" hidden treats the way the dogs do.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Tim fetches, sits, begs, gives his paw & turns complete circle for me plus takes food from my fingers, apparently taking food from fingers is unusual for cats. He will also "find" hidden treats the way the dogs do.
my last cat mugwump loved playing with a football...what does that make him lol

my mums burmese cross,had a routine before food,it was sit,one paw,other paw,'up' then kiss he would also walk to the shop with me and wait for me to come out... i loved him soooo much
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 04:29 PM
my last cat mugwump loved playing with a football...what does that make him lol

my mums burmese cross,had a routine before food,it was sit,one paw,other paw,'up' then kiss he would also walk to the shop with me and wait for me to come out... i loved him soooo much
Mugwump ( love the name) was a footballer reborn!

Your mums cat sounds like a character! My nephew got a siamese & burmese. Burmese kept going missing, eventually found out it had a 2nd home round corner. They pleaded to keep her (cat) & eventually neohew gave in as cat was more often there. Year later woman came round to ask if cat was coming back to nephew. She'd upted sticks again & had a third home 2 roads away, they thought she was a stray! I was akways told Burmese were very into their family etc guess she was/is exception

G back to nephew
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Beautiful cat - really pretty Don't envy the grooming though. Ours hate being brushed - luckily none are fluffy like yours
Ebby LOVES being brushed thankfully. She purrs all the way through.

The only thing I've taught Ebby is to come to her name, obviously I should be upping the training!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Ebby LOVES being brushed thankfully. She purrs all the way through.

The only thing I've taught Ebby is to come to her name, obviously I should be upping the training!
Well if Teg can do loads of things there's no reason Ebby can't? (Next we'll be on about the rabbits learning things )
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Well if Teg can do loads of things there's no reason Ebby can't? (Next we'll be on about the rabbits learning things )
Two of them kind of come to their name and I've got them trained as to where their food bowls go to try and prevent arguements (one up, one down in a two story hutch).
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Two of them kind of come to their name and I've got them trained as to where their food bowls go to try and prevent arguements (one up, one down in a two story hutch).
I don't really have that problem though.. I do call Bambi when I walk through the gate to feed him though and he'll pop out of his bed... does that count?
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >