Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
you are lucky! primary courses for all cat vaccines cost around the £100 mark! obviously boosters are cheaper.

gorgeous fur babes btw
Yowzer, glad I don't live where you do!
At my old vets it was around £40, and will be taking the babies for their course next week, and I know this vets is cheaper, so will report back!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
you are lucky! primary courses for all cat vaccines cost around the £100 mark! obviously boosters are cheaper.

gorgeous fur babes btw
Are you serious? Ours didnt cost anywhere near that, that is soooooo unfair to pet owners in the area. That is really incredible. Even the expensive town vet we went to for years didnt charge anywhere near that. I must find out exactly how much it is now.

However when alls said & done, no matter what they cost, necessary & worth it Off to have a "choccy fix" in shock
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I only paid £50 for Louie's first course of vaccs and a microchip and £27 for his boosters..
Generally speaking you keep kitt in until 6 months & when in for neuter/spay get them microchipped at that time while out under anaesthetic

If concerned ring & ask your vet before hand & thenyou will know. Once you get that wee furry poppet you wont even think of cost....... Now i know where there are some lovely kitty babies needing a very good home ........

Ps cat insurance is sooooo cheap compared to dogs
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 12:49 PM
My family have 2 cats - we have had loads over the years, they have always been allowed outside and out 2 at the moment are 16 and 13.

They do not sit on your knee unless they want to and will scratch if you stroke them and they're not in the mood. They're very sweet but are quite passive pets, they are just there. If they want attention they'll say so but they pretty much keep themselves to themselves. I wouldn't get another cat perhaps it's just mine!!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 01:17 PM
My cats were 15 and 16 when they died, one due to a ruptured ligament in her hip that we didn't want to fix (a 15 year old cat shouldn't go through those kinds of surgeries) and the other was put down because she went crazy after the first one died, and after 6 months of pure unhappiness and no sleep on our side, we had her PTS...

After seeing a neighbours cat get run over, and not knowing anyone who has an old out door kitty, no thanks... we keep our dogs contained and controlled to be safe, why wouldn't I want to keep my kitty safe? I would love any cat of mine as much as a dog, so I would do everything in my power to keep them safe as well. The coyote, fox and owl populations around here live very well off outside cats. I dont need to keep them fed.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh VB - We'd be having a girl - too many males here as it is and she'd be done after her first heat.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh VB - We'd be having a girl - too many males here as it is and she'd be done after her first heat.
You cant let cats come into season, before shes finished feeding her first kittens she will come into season again & get pregnant. They will stay in season until mated & believe me its not easy living with a cat thats in call. They dont call it " in call" for nothing! Our eldest girl came into call at 4 months!! Cats are soooo different to dogs in that respect.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
You cant let cats come into season, before shes finished feeding her first kittens she will come into season again & get pregnant. They will stay in season until mated & believe me its not easy living with a cat thats in call. They dont call it " in call" for nothing! Our eldest girl came into call at 4 months!! Cats are soooo different to dogs in that respect.
Oh - I did not know that. Well she'd be done whenever it was recommended then.. maybe I should join Catsey...

We're not rushing into it - I'm waiting to see if I get this job first and I'm still keeping an eye on Louie's elbow and if everything goes my way then we'll be visiting the rescues..
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
My family have 2 cats - we have had loads over the years, they have always been allowed outside and out 2 at the moment are 16 and 13.

They do not sit on your knee unless they want to and will scratch if you stroke them and they're not in the mood. They're very sweet but are quite passive pets, they are just there. If they want attention they'll say so but they pretty much keep themselves to themselves. I wouldn't get another cat perhaps it's just mine!!
My two are just the same. Are they tortoishell by the way? Mine are, and they are well known for being aloof and snobbish!!!!!

They are both beautiful cats, and the older one is my OH's and the younger one is my daughters (aged 23).

They never want cuddles....... just feeding, grooming (a hell of a lot), and letting in and out of the garden.

Obviously, the dogs both sit either on my knee or my feet!!! Maybe, I am just not a cat person and they can sense it??

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2011, 02:54 PM
My 2 are about 10 weeks now, and will be going for their vaccs this week, I will be microchipping them myself within the next 2 weeks, and on the vets advice they will be getting neutered at 6 months
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »